A Healthier Future Starts With You:
Every great team is led by a great leader. Our General Managers are the Head Coaches of our teams! There's a reason we call it a "Head Coach" and not a "General Manager." Every day in our stores, our teams make real food from scratch - you'll oversee and lead our teams as you are building healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
The Head Coach is an enthusiastic leader, a quick thinker, a problem-solver, a skilled communicator, and a motivator. Coaches help drive sweetgreen's values within the stores - creating an inclusive environment where all feel welcome to enjoy a healthy meal together.
What You'll Do:
These responsibilities highlight some of the key functions a Head Coach will perform. Additional tasks may be assigned as necessary.
People + Customer Experience
- Proactively attract, identify, and hire team members who embody the sweetgreen profile and have the ability to grow within the organization
- Develop a high performing team by coaching, creating development plans, and building skills through training to grow our future company leaders
- Clearly recognizing team wins, setting priorities, defining best practices, and implement operational changes to deliver brilliant execution
- Coaching performance issues quickly and respectfully
- Connect with the local community by executing sweetgreen's local marketing and community involvement initiatives
- Being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with sweetgreen's core values and culture
- Delivering memorable and exceptional customer experiences
- Solicits and addresses customer feedback to understand and resolve their needs + concerns
- Monitors CX, insiders, and NPS trends and creates action plans to address performance to meet and exceed company expectations
Business + Systems
- Deliver store sales and financial objectives by removing any barriers to success
- Drives key business indicators (e.g., sales, throughput, throttle, labor, COGS) as the General Manager of the business, such as growing sales and delivering profit commitments
- Schedule daily labor requirements that meet the needs of the business to provide great customer service experiences
- Drives ideas, thoughts, and solutions that result in increased productivity, higher retention, and improved operations
- Identifies operations opportunities and metrics below established financial + performance targets (e.g., P&L, scorecard) and creates action plans to address opportunities
Food Journey + Safety
- Ensure that food safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently
- Maintain food service and production levels by leading strong BOH and FOH execution
- Partners with corporate support team, vendors, and stakeholders (e.g., food and health safety regulators) to ensure effective operations
- Have schedule flexibility to include availability for opening shifts, closing shifts, and weekends
- Ability to use electronic systems, such as computers and tablets
- Manual ability to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Physically able to lift up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time
You must be able to perform the job duties satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation
What You've Got:
- 3+ years in a restaurant, retail or hospitality management role
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and build an efficient team in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to make an impact on customers and team members
- A can-do work ethic and the ability to take initiative on projects
- Belief in and passion for sweetgreen's mission, vision + core values
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage, + labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Must possess good communication skills
What Perks You'll Get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Vacation + wellness time
- Holiday premium pay*
- 5 month paid parental leave*
- 401k with company match*
- Free healthy and delicious shift meal
- And much more…
*Depending on eligibility
Who We Are:
Sweetgreen is a plant-forward food company with a vision for a healthier tomorrow, and we're only just getting started. As we continue building, it's our priority to nurture talent from restaurants to our support center, so everyone can be part of the movement. And the best thing? When you join sweetgreen, you don't just grow your own future-you grow the planet's.
Sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
Sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please CLICK HERE.
All candidates for roles in markets where either sweetgreen or the local jurisdiction mandates full vaccination against COVID-19 to work in our restaurants must, as a condition of employment, provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination upon hire, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted. For roles in all other markets, full vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred.