Apply now and, if hired, you could be eligible for a $1,500 signing bonus.
Come join the growing Dining Services team of Skyline at First Hill, Seattle's premier luxury high rise retirement community. We offer competitive wages, full benefits and no late nights. Not only has our staff has remained unaffected by the results of the past 1.5 years, we are growing and expanding opening many possibilities for advancement throughout Skyline and our parent company, Transforming Age. We are currently hiring cooks, as well as servers and wait staff with flexible schedules, and will be looking to fill other positions in the near future with the opening of a brand new tower with a brand new kitchen and full-service restaurant offering our residents upscale cuisine in a modern condominium high rise.
- Work/Life Balance: We have multiple shifts and flexible schedules
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you're looking for as well as other unique perks for full-time, part-time and on-call team members
- A culture of FUN and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters: We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
Responsible for all food production, food presentation, and all back-of-the-house activity. Expected to meet or exceed community food service standards at all times, adhere to budgetary requirements and assist in managing kitchen operations in a cost effective manner. Carry out the "Living in Style" program through commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, teamwork and quality to our Residents.
- Coordinate the preparation of all meals in all levels of care.
- Ensure compliance with Resident dietary restrictions.
- Conduct regular Quality Assurance Audits.
- Responsible for kitchen food safety and sanitary food handling. Ensures compliance of King County and DSHS regulations.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Attend all in-services as required.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, training, evaluation and discipline of kitchen staff.
- Supervise and assign duties to all production and utility personnel and Sous Chefs.
- Create a motivating environment that encourages employee involvement, creativity, and problem solving.
- Promote the Vision, Values, and Mission of Skyline at First Hill in all areas of responsibility;
- Other duties as assigned or may be necessary in an organization having overlapping roles and responsibilities.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his absence.
- Able to effectively communicate with employees and supervisors with a positive end result.
- Able to prepare food in a senior housing environment, which meets or exceeds hospitality and service standards.
- Able to work Holidays and pre-planned events.
- Maintain professional relationships with food and equipment venders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with staff and external constituents.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Minimum of three years experience as a Chef/Kitchen Manager in a senior living community.
- Able to prepare therapeutic/modified diets.
- Successful completion of recognized food safety course.
At Skyline, we care deeply about our mission and commitment to providing exceptional care to our residents. That is why we are a drug and alcohol-free employer. Criminal background and drug test will be required upon a contingent offer of employment.
We are proud to step up for safety by requiring COVID-19 vaccination of all team members by October 15, 2021. We're prioritizing safety for our team members and residents/clients, their families and our communities by requiring the COVID-19 vaccination. It's about safety, care and valuing each member of our team so we can all Work with Purpose and Impact. .