The Restaurant Manager is responsible to oversee and direct the seamless running of the restaurant and supervising all team members. The Restaurant Manager must take the lead when the General Manager is off duty, provide highly efficient and effective service while ensuring that all financial and statutory requirements are met, as well as ensuring the delivery of outstanding service to our guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coach, develop, and lead by example
- Ensure staff is properly equipped with the tools to complete their tasks
- Touch tables ensuring guest satisfaction
- Recognize and cultivate regular guests and repeat business
- Create an environment of trust and mutual respect
- Maintain highest standards of food and beverage quality, guest service, cost control, and consistency of service
- Manage staffing levels and controllable costs ensuring they are in line with budget
- Ensures that private events, catering, and banquets are successfully executed
- Adhere to company's cash handling procedures
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition
- Complete nightly logs and manager reports
- Responsible for complete life cycle of all team members to include hiring, training, coaching/counseling, skill development and terminations
- Provide guests with accurate and thorough information regarding menu items, pricing, and allergen information
- Respond to guest concerns/complaints and correct errors or resolve complaints while maintaining a positive attitude
- Possess complete understanding of the employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained within it
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures and all state and federal liquor laws
- Maintain company safety and sanitation standards
- Ensure complete and proper check out procedures
- Assists and/ or completes additional tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Valid Driver's License
- 21+ years of age
- Possession of or the ability to possess all state required work cards
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience
- Proficient in Windows MS Office, Open Table, Outlook
- Knowledge of profitability analysis and budgeting, cost of sales, payroll management, purchasing, receiving, inventories and cost controls
- Knowledge of state and local laws as it applies to liquor, labor, and health code regulations
- Experience with POS systems and back office reporting systems
- Familiarity with beer and spirits
- Proper lifting techniques
- Guest relations
- Sanitation and safety
- Safe alcohol service
- Full service restaurant operations
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively in the English language, both verbally and in writing with staff, clients, and the public
The working conditions described below are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Small to medium office or shared work space
- Work indoors and/or outdoors, exposed to hot and/or cold surfaces, steam, and wet floors
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon guest volume
- Fast paced, high volume, full service restaurant. Very "hands on style of management"
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to walk long periods of time
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to repeat the same movements for long periods of time
- Ability to understand the speech of another person
- Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Ability to push and lift to 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- This job description is a summary of duties, which you as a Restaurant Manager are expected to perform in your normal course of work. It is by no means an all-inclusive list but is merely a broad guide of expected duties. You should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time with or without notice.