Hospitality America is looking for a Cheif Engineer to join our team! The Chief Engineer is responsible for the maintenance of the hotel's building and grounds and the operation of its equipment and mechanical/electrical systems. In a larger property this may be a supervisory employee.
- Major Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Legal Shield and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident/ Critical Illness/ Hospitalization Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K after 1 year of employment
Scope of the Position:
- Reviewing maintenance problems, complaints and work orders to prioritize and schedule work assignments.
- Monitoring and inspecting assigned work.
- Trouble-shooting, diagnosing and repairing malfunctioning electrical/mechanical systems and equipment.
- Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
- Planning and executing on-going appropriate maintenance programs.
- Estimating department expenditures for budget purposes and assisting with the capital budget process.
- Soliciting bids from contractors, evaluating their proposals and, once employed, ensuring work is completed to specifications.
- Coordinating with local health, safety, fire and building inspectors to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Performing preventive maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Servicing the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters.
- Completing maintenance logs.
- Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. snow removal, lawn care, painting).
- Recruiting, selecting and training a skilled and motivated work force.
- Listening and responding to guests' requests or complaints.
- Must be a citizen of the United States or possess a valid work permit.
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. Our company is an equal opportunity employer.