***Compensation is based on experience***
I. Job Summary
The Prep Cook is responsible for preparing ingredients for use in dishes according to standard recipes to ensure guest satisfaction is consistent with the Company standards. Consistently fostering a spirit of harmony and cohesion between the kitchen staff and service staff.
II. Essential Job Functions
· Prepares and measures ingredients for use in dishes.
· Washes and chops vegetables and other food items.
· Maintains food quality in accordance with restaurant standards.
· Receives and stores all products as prescribed.
· Maintains a clean and safe kitchen.
· Follows all health and safety regulations.
· Follows all Food & Beverage regulations.
· Controls waste.
· Communicates all problems and ideas for improvement to management.
· Communicates and works together with coworkers as a team.
· Fills out all forms as prescribed.
· Maintains all equipment and utensils.
· Organizes all areas of the kitchen.
· Follows proper rotation procedures.
· Labels and dates all products prepared.
· Follows management’s instructions and suggestions.
· Knowledgeable about food preparation methods and techniques.
· Coordinates food service with other departments as necessary.
· Assists with the purchase and inventory of the food supply.
· Follows all sanitation guidelines.
· Attends meetings / training sessions as required by the management team.
· Arrives at work for a scheduled shifts and is punctual, always following company absence, lateness procedures if unable to do so.
These describe the behavior you will need to demonstrate to carry out your job effectively:
· Maintains a high customer awareness by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
· Is financially aware of costs involved in the operations and are responsible to control costs.
· Is motivated and committed to your personal development, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
· Is adaptable, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements, which may mean getting involved in procedures that are not normally part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
· Maintains high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department and restaurant goals. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues
· Ensures that the quantity of work is sufficiently productive under the normal business levels.
III. Additional Duties
· Performs other job-related duties as directed.
· Works as a team player at all times and is prepared to be flexible in order to ensure that operations are always as efficient and profitable as possible.
IV. Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
· High School Diploma
· Good communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to handle stressful situations and be able to prevent and/or handle emergency situations.
· A cheerful, positive attitude when working with a variety of people, and be able to work well under pressure.
· Responsible, neat and clean in appearance.
· Strong communication skills with supervisors and team members.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English.