Pay rate is based on experience
I. Job Summary
The Griller is responsible for carrying out the duties that are specific to cooking food on the grill and preparing food items for cooking according to standard recipes to ensure guest satisfaction is consistent with Company standards.
II. Essential Job Functions
· Seasons and prepares food items for grilling.
· Grills requested food items in accordance to customers’ specifications and preset recipes.
· Manages portions of grilled food items and garnishes them.
· Regulates temperature of broilers, grills and roasters.
· Washes, cuts and peels meats and vegetables prior to preparing them for cooking.
· Tastes and evaluates food items before serving.
· Ensures that all supplied items are of good quality and accurate quantity.
· Ensures refrigeration and rotation of food items.
· Labels food items appropriately.
· Discards any expired or near expiry food items.
· Arranges prepared food items in an aesthetic manner.
· Checks and rechecks equipment temperature to ensure accuracy of order.
· Maintains work area by cleaning and sanitizing constantly.
· Cleans and sanitizes grilling and broiling equipment after use.
· Ensures preventative and general maintenance of grilling equipment.
· Cools food items to standard temperatures before serving.
· Prepares all food products according to the prescribed methods.
· Maintains the highest level of food quality available.
· Receives and stores all products as prescribed.
III. Additional Duties
· Performs other job-related duties as directed.
· Works as a team player at all times and is prepared to be flexible in order to ensure that operations are always as efficient and profitable as possible.
These describe the behavior you will need to demonstrate to carry out your job effectively:
· Maintains a high customer awareness by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
· Is financially aware of costs involved in the operations and are responsible to control costs.
· Is motivated and committed to your personal development, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
· Is adaptable, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements, which may mean getting involved in procedures that are not normally part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
· Maintains high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department and restaurant goals. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues
· Ensures that the quantity of work is sufficiently productive under the normal business levels.
IV. Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
· High School Diploma
· Good communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to handle stressful situations and be able to prevent and/or handle emergency situations.
· A cheerful, positive attitude when working with a variety of people, and be able to work well under pressure.
· Responsible, neat and clean in appearance.
· Strong communication skills with supervisors and team members.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English.