Eagle’s Trace is a beautiful 70-acre continuing care retirement community located just minutes from the metroplex in West Houston, Texas. We’re part of a growing network of communities managed by Erickson Living®, a national provider of senior living and health care with campuses in 11 states—and growing.
Eagle’s Trace is looking for everyday heroes who want to make a real impact in the lives of seniors. If you’re ready to take your career to new heights, join us. In addition to a rewarding career, you’ll enjoy an industry-leading total rewards package that includes a competitive salary, an impressive package of health and dental benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with employer contribution, opportunities for career growth and advancement, and much more!
Job Title: Prep Cook
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
SUMMARY: Responsible for items listed on the work station prep sheet, to include hot and cold items. Works with cooks to expand knowledge in an effort to accept responsibility of cooks function in their absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and Vision statement.
2. Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste.
3. Assists in preparing all food products as scheduled in the cycle menu (including therapeutic and mechanically altered recipes as scheduled), to include regular breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using Production Sheets and approved recipes.
4. Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
5. Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
6. Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisors and listens effectively.
7. Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper food service for breakfast, lunch, dinner, catering and special events.
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Minimum of one year experience in food preparation required.