Pay rate based on experience
I. Job Summary
The Restaurant Accounting Cashier is responsible for processing all methods of payment in accordance with accounting procedures and policies; following control audit standards and cash handling procedures during the restaurant's hours of operation, we are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
· Lunch Shift: 12:00pm to 6:00pm
· Dinner Shift: 5:00pm to 1:00am
II. Essential Job Functions
· Manage the register, including all credit card and cash operations
· Receive payments and present change to customers
· Maintains continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
· Ensures an accurate accounting of all transactions, collections, and disbursements.
· Balances daily checks and sales reports.
· Maintains positive working relationships with all team members and any external customers.
· Creates the cash up report and provides change to the tills.
· Provides the daily sales report to management.
· Scans, files, and uploads invoices daily.
· Responds to chargebacks.
· Processes copies of receipt requests from customers.
· Picks up mail daily.
· Provides administrative support.
III. Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
· Prior administrative experience, preferably in a hospitality environment.
· Must have the ability to do repetitive work without any errors.
· Excellent verbal, written communication, customer service skills.
· Proficiency in Excel and Outlook, and proficiency or the ability to learn quickly with little assistance other software packages.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
These describe the behavior you will need to demonstrate to carry out your job effectively:
· Maintains a high customer awareness by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
· Is financially aware of costs involved in the operations and are responsible to control costs.
· Is motivated and committed to your personal development, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm, and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
· Is adaptable, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements, which may mean getting involved in procedures that are not normally part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
· Maintains high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department and restaurant goals. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues
· Ensures that the quantity of work is sufficiently productive under the normal business levels.
III. Additional Duties
· Performs other job-related duties as directed.
· Always work as a team player and be prepared to be flexible to ensure that operations are always as efficient and profitable as possible.