Are you looking for a career in the food industry with a company that is the fastest-growing importer of specialty food in the country? Do you want to apply your passion for imported grocery, specialty cheese and specialty food products by working with retailers, distributors, and foodservice operators to grow their sales of products that are leading today's trends in the food industry? Then we would like to meet you.
Atalanta Corporation is growing, and we are in search of an Area Sales Manager to help grow and manage our business in the Florida Market area. We are one of the largest family-owned food importers in the US servicing all channels of the food industry with products from around the world. The ASM's responsibilities will include developing sales of Atalanta products through distributors within the retail, foodservice, and manufacturing segments of the food industry.
Candidates should be familiar with the Atalanta business model and have a minimum of 3 to 7 years of sales experience of food products to retailers, foodservice distributors and/or specialty grocery distributors. They must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the food industry sales channels. A strong knowledge of specialty cheese, canned fruits, vegetables, olives, tuna, oils, specialty vinegar and/or specialty meats is preferred.
- Develop a strategic sales plan to generate revenue and grow distribution of Atalanta products at assigned distributors and end users.
- Work with the Atalanta business development managers to increase distribution of Atalanta products through the assigned distribution centers, restaurants, and manufacturers.
- Manage the relationship with accounts that purchase Atalanta products in assigned territory.
- Present Atalanta products in a professional manner to distributors, key chains, operators, and manufacturers.
- Develop and implement promotional plans and product pricing strategies in collaboration with the Atalanta business development group, marketing, distributors and/or key operators.
- Report sales activity on a timely basis and provide adequate feedback relative to variances in sales and profit targets.
- Provide research data to internal constituents for product development and anticipated product launches.
- Identify new distribution opportunities then establish, maintain, and grow profitable sales.
- Stay abreast of local market conditions that affect sales volume.
- Develop product knowledge and participate in product training opportunities of all Atalanta product categories.
- Inventory management including forecasting by customer/warehouse.
- Pricing actions (working with the pricing desk to ensure compliance and accuracy).
- Submit all required administrative support materials (expense reports, promotional forms, activity reports) timely.
- Ensure that product codes, quantities, prices, ship dates, delivery dates and all required order inputs are completed with the highest level of accuracy.
- Manage the deduction process for all assigned accounts.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to establish and grow sales to accounts within defined food industry sales channels.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to show creativity and a passion for food.
- Experience from within the food industry is required.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to travel.
The Gellert Global Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status.