At Cassia, the opportunities are real and the possibilities are endless. We believe that you aren’t just here for a job, you are here to make people better and “serve all by following One.” Around here, every voice counts, every opinion matters and every person contributes in a big way. We look to this person to build relationships with our residents and take pride in your work because at Cassia you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is elderly. Our secret is our people.
New Harmony Care Center, located in St Paul MN, is looking for an Executive Chef to help us with growing (and moving) into our brand-new facility, set to open December 2022 in Maplewood MN – get ready to dream big! At our current location, 70-bed TCU and long term care facility, our residents enjoy physical, intellectual and spiritual growth. The person perfect for this role is someone who is a strong leader and has an extraordinary commitment to proving amazing scratch-made food. The ideal candidate demonstrates all 8 of our pillars of excellence: Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration.
At New Harmony, you will collaborate with our current on-site leader and dietician team to use your culinary expertise to plan enticing & nutritious menu options for our residents and patients as well as special events. Additionally, you'll help hire, grow, build and train the culinary team and manage the current established culinary/dietary staff (cooks, dietary aides and servers). WE WANT YOU – to come and be a part of this amazing team and help get us ready to move to our new state of the art and premier 149-unit independent living, assisted living, TCU and long term care campus where we will continue to inspire seniors to live the lives they desire. Apply today to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
This is a Full-Time, benefit eligible position that could work varied schedules, which may include some weekends. Shift: Varies
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning menus, order supplies, supervise food production, and manage inventory.
- Partner with the administrator and culinary leader to set and meet financial goals.
- Collaborate with Home Office dietitian/culinary support team.
- Provide staff supervision, training, and management for the culinary department.
- Inspect kitchen for conformance to state and federal guidelines as well as company safety and sanitation requirements.
- Communicate effectively with staff, residents, families, and vendors to ensure top-notch satisfaction.
- Plan and design menu for special events and holidays as well as working with the life enrichment department.
- Maintain sanitation policies and procedures to meet Health Department Guidelines.
- Recruit and manage current and future culinary staff.
- Rectify arising problems or complaints from staff, residents, guests and customers.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers, customers and residents.
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations.
- Direct & train cooks.
- Implement & coordinate the culinary team and production.
- Ensure food preparation & production meets operational and facility standards.
Executive Chef Skills and Requirements:
- Culinary Degree, Associate Degree, or certification in Food Science, nutrition, dietetics, or related field preferred.
- Possess a strong background/knowledge of culinary operations.
- Previous experience in culinary/food department.
- Scratch and short order cooking in large-scale cooking operation experience.
- Safety and Sanitation Examination and met the qualifications for Certified Food Protection Professionals (ServSafe) preferred.
- Positive team-building and great communication skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule to reflect the needs of the residents.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and stand during the duration of the shift.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-leadership, operations, purchasing, human resources, marketing, and finance teams to foster support and to ensure that initiatives are deliverable and support the broader business strategies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience with corporate organizations paired with exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
Cassia is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer/