Overview "It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them - we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!"
- Sunrise Team Member
At Sunrise, our Cook is responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, sanitation of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance.
Sunrise Senior Living of Dunwoody Outdoor Job Fair
1240 Ashford Center Parkway
Atlanta GA 30338
Please join us for an Outdoor Job Fair!!
- Thursday, July 8 th 4 - 7 pm
- OR Saturday, July 10 th 1- 4 pm (Please attend ONE job fair only - You do not need to attend both)
- Bring your resume and driver's license and meet the team
- On Site Interviews and Job Offers!!
- Refreshments will be served
- Certified Med Techs
- Licensed Practice Nurse - LPN
Full Time and Part Time positions available
Please apply here to RSVP!! Responsibilities:
- Preparing and serving the residents in our community
- Ensuring all special dietary needs are met and preparing texture modified food as directed
- Following the specially prepared Sunrise menus and production sheets to maintain the highest possible quality and consistency
- Ensuring compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk management requirements Qualifications:
- Maintains a current ServSafe certificate (food services sanitation certificate) or able to participate in the food services sanitation training to become ServSafe certified
- One (1) year job related experience including food preparation, full-line menu items and therapeutic diets
- A culinary apprenticeship or training is preferred
- A high School diploma or GED accepted
- To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- You will also need to demonstrate your ability to serve seniors in a team environment
Sunrise considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. At Sunrise, you will…Make a Difference Every Day
We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
You have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.