Senior Project Manager (Restaurant Development)
The Senior Project Manager is primarily responsible for advocating Harwood's best interest by over-seeing Harwood's restaurant construction projects during each phase from inception to completion. This individual provides a leadership and advisory role on behalf of Harwood including planning, execution, and management of a project and/or program of projects from concept development through design, permitting, contracting, construction, occupancy, close out and warranty.
- Represent the interests of Harwood.
- Ensure a reasonable, realistic construction budget is developed, maintained, and achieved.
- Monitor master schedule, overall budget, and quality.
- Provide comprehensive project oversight on all aspects of the entire development process.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of overall project development in all its phases and steps.
- Recommend, advise, select, and implement the preferred project delivery method.
- Work directly with client representatives, design teams and contractors to ensure that Harwood's project goals of program, budget and schedule are met.
- Review contract between the selected vendors / contractors for services to be performed. When necessary enforce contract revisions to prevent the owner from being taken advantage of.
- Change management event; review comment and assist the managing director in managing change orders or potential change orders.
- Lead or assist with procurement and contracting of services from professionals in the design and construction industry.
- Plan, manage and advise owner on pre-design, design, pre-construction and construction efforts including value assessment, constructability review, permit process, master schedule, project budget.
- Monitor and manage owner, design team and contractor correspondence during design and construction, including review of professional services contracts, fee proposals, design team drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Assist and advise the owner and design team during bidding and selection of the contractor.
- Review and document construction progress on a regular basis, including notification of non-compliant conditions, construction payment applications, project schedule, submittals, RFI's and change orders and cost.
- Review submittals and RFIs to ensure contractor and design / engineer / consultants are providing thorough and efficient responses.
- Lead OAC meetings for projects.
- Review all test reports and ensure they are in compliance with the contract documents.
- Assist the managing director in resolving disputes or claims that may occur.
- Review progress billings and when necessary negotiate revisions.
- Ensure all permits are procured and in compliance with local city codes and jurisdictions.
- Ensure all lien / claim releases are executed with all progress and final payments.
- Ensure compliance with project closeout requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited four-year college or university
- Seven (7) plus years of restaurant construction management/development experience
- Proficiency in the use of MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Procore, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, Bluebeam Revu and MSProject or other scheduling software.
- Knowledge in the use of Auto CADD and Revit software.
- Understanding of green and sustainable building design and construction practices.
- Experience in management of stakeholders, professional staff, design consultants and contractors.
- Functional knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates and specifications as they relate to the design and construction of buildings.
- Experience with managing the entire design-bid-build process.