SIGN ON BONUS!! UP TO $1,000! *Certain restrictions apply*
The Line/Prep Cook is responsible for the panning, prepping, setting up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
· Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
· Meet with Senior Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
· Set up workstation with required tools, equipment and supplies according to standards.
· Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards.
· Check production schedule and pars.
· Establish priority items for the day.
· Inform the Senior Cook of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
· Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the line and workstations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
· Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day.
· Organize all of the various prep items needed from different areas to ensure that all items are in place and ready for service.
· Continue prep work after the meal period for the next meal service.
· Inform F&B service staff of 86'd items and amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
· Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
· Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
· Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
· Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up a more efficient process
· Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving.JB.0.00.LN