The Guest Experience Host I, WBF Visitor Center (VC), is responsible to conduct guided tours, tasting or onsite experiences (public speaking), and provide an overall exemplary experience to every guest of the WBF Visitor Center. Hosts are to provide unparalleled guest service and representation of the brand to build a loyal fanbase through experiential marketing. The Guest Experience Host I, WBF VC, reports directly to the Supervisor, WBF VC and to Lead Guest Experience Host, WBF VC in Supervisor's absence or as notified.
The Guest Experience Host I, WBF VC, will uphold our commitment to excellence, drive Net Promoter Scores (NPS) and brand conversion and provide extensive brand knowledge to our guests through approved communication and procedural guidelines. An enthusiastic, positive attitude and team mentality are required. Extensive knowledge of our Bourbon, brand, history and production processes is necessary and will be provided on a continuing basis, in addition to basic knowledge of the Bourbon, Hospitality and Retail industries. Duties include all aspects of hospitality and customer service, & will support retail, inventory or other duties as outlined.
- Major Responsibilities 80%
Tours, Tastings& Experiences
- Host guided tours and/or tasting experiences for guests daily, delivering an enjoyable, interactive & informative experience
- Act as an ambassador of the brand at all times, sharing passion for the product through education and enthusiasm
- Strive to achieve personal and Team NPS target scores
- Disseminate consistent, approved information as provided through the training process to guests
- On average, host 6 experiences per day, however more or less may be required
- Assist with additional on-site events or experiences as directed
Customer Service and Hospitality
- Provide a high-end hospitality experience from greeting to departure for every guest or internal customer
- Engage with guests in a variety of settings- in person, via phone or other forms of company communication- refer to appropriate FR personnel as necessary
- Take and process reservation requests and assist walk in guests with ticket sales
- Follow Four Roses Customer Service Strategy. Uphold commitment to Four Roses Responsible Practices
- Assist customers on sales floor with questions, cross-sell and promote as necessary and be available for guest inquiry. Strive to achieve company directed team goals
- Maintain a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to exceed guest expectations
- Manage guest dissatisfaction swiftly & discreetly. Resolve outstanding issues with the support of Supervisor/ Lead when necessary
- Support internal requests as needed to cross-collaborate with other departments
- Provide logistical support for: experience set up, strike down, guest traffic control, responsibility practice, cocktails, media/audio or any other function as necessary
- Assist with sanitation of audio equipment, tasting supplies or space as needed
- Support any additional Visitor Center projects as requested
- Occasionally support transfers between locations or fulfil additional requests for business needs
- Minor Responsibilities 20%
- Cash handling/ retail and ticket sales
- Opening and closing duties to include drawer activation/ reconciliation; restocking; bourbon count. Supply inventory, bar setup etc.
- Maintain visual and brand standards for visitor center
- Process e-commerce orders for D2C Bourbon purchases. Follow proper procedure to sell Used Barrels. Operate engraving equipment
- Accurately count in/ receive new inventory
- Assist with pricing, organization and stocking
- Maintain and communicate supply inventory needs to Management
- Participate in inventory cycle counts and full year inventory
Sales Promotion & Cross-Functional Initiatives
- Participate in various marketing events as needed.
- Assists in Marketing related functions and activities as necessary
- Event setup/ special projects as required
Other Job Duties
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Competencies Required
- Must have open availability
- Average 35-40 hrs./ week unless otherwise needed or agreed upon
- Occasional extended hours/ special projects or events may be necessary
- Schedules are subject to change according to business need
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment are a necessity
- Adhere to brand standards in product discussion with guests and to tour and tasting procedures per policy or as directed by a Supervisor or Lead Host.
- Complete STAR training and follow responsibility practices without exception.
- Positive, trustworthy, genuine character with excellent reputation
- Displays outstanding organizational, interpersonal and (verbal/written) communication skills
- Highly organized; handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Public Speaking ability
- Self- starter with team-oriented work directive
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Pleasant, friendly and courteous attitude
- Well-kept physical appearance & hygiene
- Excellent collaborator, builds teams and strengthens relationships
- Education and Experience - Required
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Retail/ sales, hospitality, food or Customer Service Experience.
Ideally 4-6 years marketing experience (in consumer goods; beverage preferred)
- Computer and software proficiency including strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access). Ability to adapt to POS, reservation software and inventory management system
- Successful completion of background check and drug screens
- Clean driving record and active driver's license
- Education and Experience - Preferred
- Tour guide experience
- Bourbon industry experience
Job Related Information
- Supervisory Responsibility
The Guest Experience Host I, WBF VC, has no direct reports.
- Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, will work outdoors, in production environments and in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Standing, walking, minimal sitting, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular). Could be exposed to infrequent fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration as could be expected in any OSHA compliant operation and may be occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions in the distillery/warehouse/bottling environment.
Travel may be required between Kentucky locations and nearby suppliers.
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing stairs, as the job requires to facilitate tours both indoors and outdoors. Ability to work in changing climates dependent on the season (hot, cold, snow rain etc.). Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.