Additional Job Information
Job ID: Employment Status:
- 20 Hours per Week -
- Non-Benefit Eligible -
at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Department of Food and Nutrition at Barnes-Jewish Hospital consists of Patient, Retail and Catering Service areas on both the North and South Campus.¿ This includes patient meal and Clinical Nutrition Services, Queeny Tower Restaurant, three Cafeterias and three Coffee Bars.¿ It is the role of the department to serve the needs of patients, visitors and employees with excellent customer service.¿ Our qualified staff services the patients' nutritional needs during their hospital stay according to specified guidelines to improve their clinical status and assist in the healing process.¿ Opportunities are available for all skill levels from entry-level positions to licensed and/or certified management positions.Overview
The Catering Associate performs patient meal service for the Department of Food and Nutrition. Responsible for patient meal service on assigned units. This includes menu selections, tray assembly, catering rounds, tray delivery and retrieval, recording of intake/calorie counts, special requests, galley/floor stock maintenance, and nourishment delivery. Communicates directly with nursing to obtain updated diet orders. Responds to patient, family and nursing needs.Responsibilities
- Delivers patient meals to assigned areas, documents meals and calorie intake and rounds on patients in accordance to department expectations.
- Assembles meal trays and menus in accordance to guidelines.
- Communicates patient diets, delivery of meals and special requests with patient care team.
- Maintains an organized and stocked galley.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Preferred Requirements And Additional Job Information
- High School Diploma or GED
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer