Sign-on Bonus of $500 after 90 days of employment, will be available for those that are hired before September 31st.
The Food & Beverage (F&B) Manager is responsible and accountable for strategic planning, the proactive leadership, direction, and support of the F&B team to assure peak performance, culinary decisions, events, and establishing excellence for the guest experience. This position reports to the Director of Food & Beverage or Club Manager.
• Communicate the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort & Golf (BSRG) to support the achievement of company goals.
• Support the Director in providing strategic intelligence to partners and clients regarding all F&B initiatives including, but not limited to, vision, business planning, capital expansion, branding, menu/restaurant, and clubhouse design, and the creative and conceptual development of new F&B experiences.
• Ensure a consistent set of superior standards of foodservice and quality are meeting or exceeding employee and guest expectations.
• Maintain effective communication between all members regarding F&B operations, safety, and employee concerns. Model motivation to inspire all team members.
• Hire, train, and supervise F&B staff; create weekly schedules; coach and encourage team members to be successful.
• Recognize and celebrate team member's success and maintain a sense of humor.
• Responsible for the cost of goods, labor, and general expenses of F&B operations.
• Establish and manage purchase order programs, department checkbooks, contribution reports, and budgets.
• Coordinate with Club Manager to create budget and goals for measuring sales, revenue, new projects, and business development.
• Execute budgets on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
• Create operational reports as requested.
• Oversee all F&B functions (i.e. corporate parties, weddings, etc.).
• Maintain the BSRG standard of excellence, with an intention for continual improvement and creative openness by staying on the cutting edge of new products and market trends. Attend culinary exhibitions, buying shows, and educational seminars, as requested.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Must be highly customer-oriented and responsive with a high need for closure.
• Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
• Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate and motivate.
• Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
o Honesty and Integrity
o Respect for the Individual
o Competitive Spirit