Secret Sandwich Society is looking for cooks to join our family of professionals.
Secret Sandwich Society has been voted the best sandwich in RVA for the last 3 years and it's our dedicated team that makes this possible.
We run a tight ship, have high expectations, offer a world class facility and take very good care of our people. We love to work hard and get it done! We celebrate the good times and have staff parties, outings and meals together. We take our jobs seriously and try to still have fun.
Room for professional development and growth within the company is yours for the taking.
Our management team cares, works hard with you and for you and expects the same in return. We care about our people and want them to feel welcome in their workplace.
If this sounds like a good fit for you come and join us.
We expect professionalism and punctuality from our employees. Ability to perform well under high volume and pressure is a must. We have high expectations for well presented and delicious food served in a timely fashion.
- Punctuality is a must at SSS. We expect professionalism from all of our employees.
- Wear the appropriate (and safe) uniform.
- Show completion of a food handler's card, and/or demonstrate basic knowledge in sanitation and safety practices.
- Set up and stock stations as necessary; appropriately rotate food for timely use (F.I.F.O.)
- Learn our Menu items, demonstrating adequate knowledge of our food offerings, overall policy, procedure and culture.
- Be able to prepare food with guest allergy requests easily, and protect from known allergies.
- Prepare food for service; chopping, cooking, baking, frying, portioning, slicing, etc. Wash and sterilize line equipment. Maintain a clean kitchen; assist in dishwashing and trash as needed or as asked. Keep dry food storage/refrigerated food areas clean and organized.
- Lead by example, and maintain cleanliness and organization while working on the line. A clean cook is an organized cook.
- Lead by example, and maintain cleanliness and organization in all areas of kitchen as needed, including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Report all equipment problems and kitchen maintenance issues to kitchen manager and/or restaurant manager.
- Willingness to contribute to the SSS culture and offerings with creative specials.
- Maintain a positive and pleasant attitude. Smile sometimes.
- General cleaning duties as needed
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Other restaurant tasks as required by management.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Have an appreciation for and understanding of corrective criticism: Mistakes happen and will be corrected. But a mistake should be limited to once. Repeated mistakes will not be tolerated.
- Possess strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures, or a willingness to learn and the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Have working knowledge of sanitation and safety kitchen procedures.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have good hygiene and grooming habits.
We have specialized air filters with UV lights installed in the restaurant as well as in the HVAC system. Our employees are wearing masks and have been vaccinated. We take COVID precautions seriously.