Overview The overall purpose of this job is to oversee front of house (FOH) operations for all dining venues at an assigned Immanuel Community. Responsibilities include managing FOH operations, leading staff, and ensuring safety and compliance while delivering an exceptional guest experience. Supports and lives out Immanuel's Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Responsibilities Key Areas Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job Operational Management
- Provides annual recommendations and input on capital budgets.
- Ensures the assigned Community maintains budgetary compliance for the FOH.
- Responsible for all alcohol and bar management.
- Completes FOH service wares inventory.
- Linen management.
- Ensures all catering orders are properly executed.
- Attends and participates in operational leadership meetings.
- Manages FOH staff to maintain brand standards.
- Ensures all FOH staff adhere to safety and sanitation compliance.
- Facilitates stand-up collaboration with BOH staff.
- Manages the Point of Sale system:
- Closure/reconcile of credit cards
- Catering charges
- End of month billing and reconciling
- Manages uniform expectations of FOH staff.
- Facilitates frequent and effective communication between BOH and FOH staff.
- Ensures standards, policies and procedures are adhered to by FOH staff.
- Understands and executes regulatory compliance for Assisted Living, Long Term Care and Memory Support.
- Changes and updates FOH standards as needed.
- Maintains a high standard of cleanliness in all dining venues.
- Delegates server sections.
- Ensures guest satisfaction and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Handles all guest reservations.
- Reconciles customer complaints and concerns.
- Ensure service is properly executed and flow is maintained.
- Executes celebratory meals.
- Provides leadership to all FOH staff and is responsible for the recruitment, retention, coaching and performance management of FOH staff.
- Ensures all FOH staff are trained to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Creates staff schedules utilizing scheduling software.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED is required.
- Associate's degree in Service Management or Business Management is preferred.
- Food Service Management or Business Management degree from a vocational or trade school is preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Two (2) years of dining room or front of house experience is required.
- One (1) year of management experience is required.
- Equivalent years of education may substitute for experience requirement.
- Food Handler certificate is preferred.
- Serve Safe permit is preferred.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of dining room standard operating procedures.
- Skills in providing excellent customer service.
- Skills in operating Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to professionally and effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time.