Local Applicants ONLY - Chicago, IL.
University Club of Chicago is seeking a results-driven Group Sales Manager to join a dynamic and fast-forward Reservations team. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of two years of luxury upscale hotel/catering sales management, wedding, social, and corporate banquet business. The candidate must be extremely organized, personable, and enthusiastic, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as creative and detail-oriented.
Essential Job Functions
· Continually explores and contacts potential new sales sources as permitted by the Club's by-laws.
· Implements ongoing sales campaign to alert members and their guests to the Club's guest room operations and capabilities.
· Maintain close relationships with contacts via luncheons, office deliveries (as appropriate through Covid), etc.
· Helps members/guests arrange guest room blocks and promote the services of the Club available to their guests.
· Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and professional manner
· Coordinate and communicate detailed information that is helpful to support departments (i.e.: group arrivals/departures, VIP's, transportation arrangements, agendas, amenities, gift bags, timelines, etc.)
· Maintains current and accurate files for all group blocks.
· Conducts research in the marketplace to effectively capitalize on our strengths and competitor's weakness
· Assist the Director of Sales and Marketing with special projects as assigned.
· Inform the Director of Sales and Marketing of all challenges while planning group blocks/ reservations
· Acts as a greeter to planners/members hosting group blocks