Catering and Events Sales Manager
Boxer Resorts is searching for a Catering & Event Sales Manager for our Elevation Hotel & Spa in beautiful Crested Butte, CO.. We are a nationwide company with a growing hotel division and offer a full range of benefits including **housing available**, annual ski pass, medical, dental, vision, optional life & AD&D, disability, critical illness, accident, Healthcare FSA, 401K and generous PTO accessible after 90 days.
Responsible for sales and fulfillment of group banquet business for the hotel. Coordinate logistics for social/ wedding, conference and ski groups working directly with clients and serving as the single point of contact while groups are on- site. Over see banquet staff and assist with restaurant operations.
Responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate food and beverage prices, functions space, and hotel services within the approved departmental booking guidelines.
- Direct day-to-day interaction with group clientele to plan events including site tours, design of meeting space and menus, production of BEOs & communication with internal staff
- Serve as the primary point of contact for groups when on- site
- Banquet activity planning, delegate and establish performance and develop goals for banquet team members
- Attend wedding trade shows & assist in collateral development
- Plan, lead/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefings, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Pre-Conference Meetings and Planning Visits
- Assist in developing and executing projects to increase catering revenues as assigned
- Support the operations of our restaurant, 9380 Tavern and other departments as needed during low occupancy or slow event periods
- Adhere to the Boxer standards of professional dress code
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisors
Essential Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Previous experience in food & beverage/ hotel/ banquet sales providing service to others
- Professional demeanor & positive attitude with excellent phone & email skills
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail & proactive approach to planning
- Candidate must be comfortable with computer systems including MS Office
- Prefer experience with hospitality sale systems, Social Tables & Banquet Event Order production
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends
- High School Diploma/Higher Education/equivalent or 2 or more years' experience in hospitality industry required
- Knowledge of destination/ resort/ ski sales market preferred
- Must speak the local language(s).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Boxer Resorts offers a full range of benefits including **housing available**, annual ski pass, medical, dental, vision, optional life & AD&D, disability, critical illness, accident, Healthcare FSA, 401K and generous PTO accessible after 90 days.
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Resorts will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.