At Seaside Dining Group, Inc, we're looking for some great managers who love working with people-because people are what our business is all about. The ideal candidate should be skilled at handling interpersonal communications, managing teams, and creating an extremely positive experience for each and every customer. We're looking for the person who's excited to come into work each day-who's ready to tackle challenges and develop a team that's almost like a second family.
Salary range $65,000-$72,000
What you can expect:
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus Program
- Sick Pay
- Vacation Time
- Free Meal Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Bi-Weekly Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
POSITION SUMMARY: Restaurant managers are responsible for managing and organizing daily restaurant operations with the goal of controlling costs and providing a high-quality experience to customers. Areas of operation range from personnel management to cook and waiting for staff coordination to inventory management. Restaurant managers can work in a variety of settings, including fast-food restaurants, fine dining restaurants, and casual dining restaurants.
- Recruits select, trains, develops and evaluates restaurant employees.
- Monitors staffing levels to ensure sufficient development and talent; ensures systems for training employees on workstations are fully implemented and adhered to by management and crew; identifies and develops internal candidates for management and Team Leader positions.
- Works with the restaurant management team to ensure all facets of "My Promise to You" and the Service Profit Chain are executed; creates a restaurant environment that is "employee-friendly," fun, clean, and safe; take accountability for motivating and inspiring employees to achieve high performance; treats all employees with respect and dignity, and regularly recognizes and rewards employees.
- Understands and utilizes Denny's brand systems, processes, and tools; and complies with all state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Manages daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant operational performance. Provides an exceptional experience for the guests by ensuring proper training and holding the restaurant team accountable for consistently delivering excellent guest service and food quality in adherence with Denny's brand systems, procedures, and food safety requirements.
- Reviews practices and modifies as needed to continuously improve the guest experience; maintains visibility and interaction with guests; responds to guest concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner, and ensures positive resolution.
- Ensures the management team and crew understand and operate all systems correctly.
- Maintains Denny's brand image of restaurant cleanliness, maintenance, and excellent service.
- Serves as a role model for excellent guest service.
Sales & Profits:
- Utilizes management information tools to analyze restaurant operational and financial performance each Period, including the I&E, quality and service reports, health inspections, HACCP, etc; identifies trends and implements action plans for improvement; uses data to analyze business results and consults with regional and CSC resources as needed.
- Focuses efforts on increasing restaurant sales and profitability by executing the Service Profit Chain and understanding its impact on the overall business.
- Considers the cost/benefit impact of financial decisions and works to protect Denny's brand.
- Monitors costs and adherence to budget and restaurant goals.
Fostering the Culture:
- Demonstrates a passion for the business and pride in Denny's brand; ability to manage professionally with integrity, honesty, and trust that promotes Denny's brand culture and values and embraces the Service Profit Chain and "My Promise To You"; demonstrates high ethical standards; treats employees and guests with respect; and actively listens and communicates timely, clearly, and accurately with the management team and crew.
- Remains calm when challenged or placed under pressure; calms others who are confronted with a difficult situation or task, and effectively manages conflict.
- Serves as a strong role model who motivates and inspires employees;
- Effectively trains, coaches, and provides time for employees to learn;
- Identifies employees' potential and fosters development for promotion to the next level; and demonstrates patience and commitment toward the development of employees.
- Values effective job performance and ensures the restaurant team receives recognition and expression of gratitude.
- Understands the importance of, and provides employees with quality and timely performance feedback and reviews.
- Is passionate about providing a high-quality guest experience that is evident to our guests.
- Understands guests' perspectives and focuses efforts on ensuring consistent, quality service that exceeds guests' expectations.
- Demonstrates guest service techniques and ability to manage in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates a strong awareness and concern for food quality and safety, and restaurant cleanliness;
- Dedicated to consistently serving great food to guests and conveys importance to the restaurant team.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize systems and perform duties within established structure.
- Is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and change; understands the importance of change and implements, manages, and supports change initiatives; maintains a strong sense of urgency; and works toward achieving goals.
- Consistently makes high-quality decisions based on experience, policy, and procedure or knowledge of the setting; and exercises discretion and independent judgment on important restaurant business matters.
- Attends priorities, delegates work, and systematically conducts follow-up; demonstrates attention to detail; and is well organized in all aspects of job performance.
Education - Internal Promote: High School Diploma required; working toward AA or BA/BS degree preferred. External Recruit: AA degree acceptable; BA/BS in Business or related field preferred.
Experience - Internal Promote: Minimum of 3 years experience as an Associate Manager and/or 3 years experience as an Assistant Manager; must be 100% certified in all workstations. External Recruit: Minimum of 5 years experience managing a service concept with full P&L responsibility.
- Must be at least 18 years old; must complete Restaurant Manager training classes; must be ServSafe certified.
- Requires ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to perform and understand basic math concepts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); proven analytical skills; and good organization and planning skills.
- Is a self-starter who takes initiative and willingly accepts responsibility.
- Proficient knowledge of personal computers and related software applications.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, insurance, and use a personal vehicle to make bank deposits and travel to other restaurants/business locations as required.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
- Ability to stand and walk approximately 85%-95% of shift; ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs; ability to move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to operate restaurant equipment and drive a motor vehicle
Seaside Dining Group, Inc.. will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly.