At Seaside Dining Group, we love feeding people!
If you have a passion for hospitality, see what your future can hold at Denny's. We are looking for Hosts/Hostesses to join our winning team.
Salary range $14.00-$18.00 competitive salary based on experience.
Reporting to the General Manager and Restaurant Manager, the Host/Hostess greets and seats guests in a friendly and courteous manner, receives payment and assists other service personnel as needed to provide total guest satisfaction. Responds to and addresses guests concerns.
Key Business Areas
A "Key Business Area" is an area of performance in which the Host/Hostess must be successful to meet their accountabilities. Successful results in the Key Business Areas are supported by the following behaviors or actions:
- Greets guests immediately in a friendly manner upon arrival and acknowledges at departure
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and meets service cycle timing standards
- Seats guests at clean, dry tables utilizing proper seating rotation
- Determines and provides for any special needs of guests
- Maintains guest waiting list and adheres to proper seating order procedures
- Describes promotions and suggestively sells while seating guests; takes initial beverage order
- Attends to any other guest needs during the entire dining experience as warranted
- Demonstrates safe cash handling procedures in accordance with policy and accurately completes cash, credit card, and discount transactions
- Uses proper telephone etiquette
- Enters and delivers "To Go" orders correctly
- Addresses complaints promptly in a courteous manner, and notifies the supervisor of any issues
- Assists service personnel in providing beverage orders and refills and clearing and setting tables
- Willingly assists other team members without being asked
- Maintains proper supply of clean menus
- Lifts and carries supplies and equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of station and floor breakdowns
- Possesses strong product and menu knowledge
- Maintains foyer area of the restaurant to be clean, organized and inviting to guests
- Completes all required side-work, including deep cleaning assignments
- Adheres to Denny's Brand Standards and internal Seaside Dining Group's policies and procedures
- Provides courteous service and is cordial to all team members and guests
- Must have the ability to raise a tray weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, wipe, lift, and grasp
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in the work area
- Must be able to stand and walk during the entire shift
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs
- Must possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
- Must be able to observe and differentiate between monetary denominations
- Must be able to operate point of sale system
- Must be able to work around potentially hazardous chemicals
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Must be able to pass all required tests and training requirements for the position
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Meets Denny's uniform and grooming standards and maintains them throughout the shift
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, nights, and weekends
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must be dependable and able to learn basic tasks and follow instructions
- Must place a value on diversity and shows respect for others
Physical Requirements - Ability to stand and walk approximately 85%-95% of shift; ability to lift
and carry 10-65 lbs; ability to move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to operate the restaurant
equipment and drive a motor vehicle.
Seaside Dining Group, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly