Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This Position is a Supervisory level cook in fast paced culinary environment. They will work in the Culinary Department and prepare food as required for all outlets that may include; Tavern on the Square, Catering, IRD, Banquets and Employee Café. A lead cook is capable of working all stations in the kitchen. They will prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls. Will assist in prepping all kitchen lines and re-stocking the lines, as necessary. They will need to know all applicable Health Department Standards, Brand Standards and departmental standards. Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Assist with expediting breakfast, lunch or dinner as needed.
- Perform the duties of a Sous Chef in their absence.
- Assist the Sous Chefs with supervision, special duties and tasks.
- Support the line staff and ensure the success of every individual.
- Works on the line cooking and or/Expedites breakfast, lunch or dinner as needed.
- Enforces all Brand Standards, department and resort standards and policies.
- Capable and willing to work all areas and stations in the kitchen at all times.
- Insures quality and consistency by insuring all food is prepared according to standardized recipes and performs line checks each day prior to service at 11:00 and 5:00.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all co-workers, managers and guests.
- Capable of working as a part of a cohesive culinary team
- Capable of organizing a station for the proper pace and flow of business.
- Assist in the coordination of all line prep duties, receiving and storing of product. Also assist in other areas of the department as needed.
- Works effectively with fellow cooks, Chefs, servers, expeditors, F&B Managers and Stewards.
- Works clean and efficiently with a sense of urgency.
- Assists the Chef in the enforcement of internal cost and labor controls.
- Understands and follow all safety procedures and promotes a safe work environment.
- Assist the Banquet Chef with production and service as required
- Directly participates in daily production, capable of managing multiple projects effortlessly and in a timely manner.
- Assists with all aspects of Stewarding department in the main kitchen, including breakage control procedures, also responsible for the quantity, care and condition of plates, bowls and all food service vessels. Responsible for keeping the kitchen, kitchen storage facilities, coolers and kitchen equipment clean and in good operating condition, create special cleaning task schedule, implement and supervise its completion
- Oversee proper use and storage of cleaning supplies and chemicals. Responsible for providing for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production and service areas, including staff food safety education.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen, kitchen storage facilities, coolers and kitchen equipment clean and in good operating condition, communicates any mechanical problems as needed.
- Attend operations meetings and daily line up meetings
- Oversees the compliance of state health regulations in the safe handling, storage and service of all food items.
- Responsible for conducting line inspections and weekly audits, temp log compliance.
- Assist and attend monthly culinary and stewarding divisional meetings, in concert with Exec Sous Chef and Executive Chef, to include agenda and minutes.
- Responsible for after service break down, dissemination and recovery of leftover foods.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent high quality of all kitchen production at all times to appropriate levels, responsible for monitoring production levels of all stocks and sauces, butchery and mis en place for any and all stations in assigned kitchens
- Culinary education desirable but hands on experience, solid cooking skills a must and more important.
- Cooking Experience: minimum four years' experience in high end from scratch culinary al la carte, production, banquet kitchen.
- Supervisory Experience: Minimum 1 year experience managing 1 or more cooks.
- Fluent in English, Spanish preferred
- Able to stand for long periods, lift up to 50 lbs., exposure to hot environment, Some outdoor work may be necessary,
- Equipment used in job and must be proficient with: Knives, mixers, ovens, gas stoves.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 299707