WHAT YOU DO
You welcome every guest to the hotel with a smile, and as an ambassador for the hotel, you make sure they are taken care of with a sense of urgency. Assisting with luggage, arranging transportation, delivering on requests and maintaining an inviting presence are what you do best. Holding conversations and building lasting connections are all part of your day to day.
WHERE YOU WORK
Le Meridien Columbus, The Joseph brings the energy of the Short North neighborhood to life with carefully selected partnerships and programmes to ensure you are immersed in the vibrant local culture. Explore local art galleries, museums, dining, shopping, and more in Columbus with luxury guestroom accommodations. Indulge with compelling cuisine and craft cocktails at Soul at the Joseph and the Guild House, experience a world-class art partnership at Pizzuti Collection or relax in one of our lavish Spa Suites.
WHY YOU'RE HERE
Why do you do what you do? Passion. Pride. Life. You are passionate about making that difference. Making the difference for every guest that walks through the doors of the hotel, and doing everything you can to ensure each of our guests has a memorable experience. You are here because the life you want is about providing exceptional service, and that is exactly what we do.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Provide high-quality guest service through outstanding interpersonal relations, informing guests about the hotel and local area.
• Retrieve guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts.
• Navigate bell cart through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators.
• Organize and store luggage as necessary in a designated area.
• Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and other assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc.
• Previous hotel experience preferred.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
• Lift/push/pull up to 75 lbs.
• Able to bend, twist, squat, reach and walk with ease.
• Stand constantly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.