Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. .
Perfectly situated on famous Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta, The Candler Hotel, a member of Curio Collection by Hilton, opens today within the historic Candler Building. The boutique-style hotel is a 17-story high-rise originally built in 1906 by Coca-Cola magnate Asa Griggs Candler as Atlanta's first steel skyscraper and is recognized on the National Register of Historic Places.
After completing an expansive transformation led by award-winning interior designer Nicole Hollis, the building has been re-imagined as a luxurious, one-of-a-kind hospitality destination. Many of the building's original Beaux-Arts architectural details have been preserved including their marbleized lobby and Tiffany windows. The hotel features 265 graciously appointed guestrooms and suites, a library, a gym outfitted by Peloton, and 6,000-sq. ft. of event space. Additionally, the hotel's historic bank has been transformed into its signature restaurant and bar By George by local celebrity chef Hugh Acheson, a two-time James Beard Foundation Award winner and former contestant on Bravo's Top Chef Masters.
By George at The Candler Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton-Atlanta is currently seeking a passionate, hospitality-minded leader to join our team as the Executive Chef. The operation includes a 150 seat restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining, bar, lounge, as well as in room private dining and over 6,000 sq ft of banquet space.
By George restaurant, a Chef Hugh Acheson inspiration, is located in the newly renovated Candler Hotel property, in the heart of downtown Atlanta. Offering French cuisine with a local, Southern twist, expect beautifully executed food, wine, and cocktails in an unrivaled space, perfectly marrying modern downtown Atlanta with the grace and history of a bygone era. The restaurant itself occupies the former bank of the historic Candler Building, designed by former Atlanta mayor and Coca Cola magnate Asa G. Candler.
At the Candler Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, we offer competitive benefits such as 401k w/company match, Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, and of course, hotel discounts with the largest hotel company in the world!
The Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel's food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff, meet quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Executive Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
• Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
• Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
• Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
• Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
• Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
• Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
• Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
• Work with the Acheson team and the Restaurant General Manager to create and implement menus.
• Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
• Coordinate, supervise and direct the Stewarding Department.
• Compute daily food cost.
• Develop proper training and direction of departmental assistants in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
• Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
• Coordinate all par stock levels.
• Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
• Direct and train all chefs to ensure adequate operation in all outlets.
• Create menus for prospective clients.
• Review and approve weekly payroll.
• Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
• Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
• Communicate to Engineering any physical maintenance problems.
• Assist catering sales on all special menus and price structures.
• Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.