- Cook and prepare food according to approved menus.
- Direct activities of workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Clean and inspect equipment, kitchen appliances and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Work with Food Service leadership or Dietitian to ensure menus are varied, nutritionally balanced and appetizing.
- Perform and coordinate food production, cleaning, maintenance, and inventory control activities.
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, quality standards, cost parameters, and appropriate regulatory requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional education or training in the culinary field preferred.
- Two or more years' experience in food service role in preparing food for institutions, such as school, hospital or cafeteria preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)