The Server is responsible for the service of food and alcoholic beverages, soft drinks and food in an efficient and professional manner using standards and procedures as set by the HH training manual.
- Assist the other servers monitoring and coordinating the day-to-day operations of his/her section during each shift and ensures all FOH SOP's (including HACCP) are duly followed and fully executed.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Prepare drinks in accordance with proper mix ratios and deliver to guest in a pleasant manner.
- Ensures a spotless service is delivered to all guests anytime, and that their needs and expectations are fulfilled to the highest level and down to the smallest details.
- Ensure his unit is well maintained and that all equipment's, materials and utensils are always in perfect working conditions. Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services. Reports any defect to the Restaurant Manager.
- Pro-actively greet guests warmly and provide pleasant and comfortable experience.
- Maintain a current knowledge of bar inventory and mixed drink recipes.
- Have a good understanding of food, wine, cocktails, and beers.
- Maintain a good understanding of current events to be able to engage with guests in appropriate conversation.
- Communicate effectively with restaurant manager, servers, and host/hostess as appropriate to ensure the guest experience is as enjoyable and effortless as possible.
- Engage guests with a pleasant greeting and take drink orders in accordance with HH bar service standards.
- Must be TIPS certified or similar State requirement.
- Takes orders from customers or Bar Waiter/Waitress.
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Check food before serving it to the guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Replenishes bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, and nuts.
- Follow HH food and beverage standards and procedures, using HH training manual.
- Fill out requisitions, par, and supply lists.
- Have full knowledge of and fully comply with the state liquor laws.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner and monitor those actions of others.
- Must be pleasant, hospitable, and attentive to guests always.
- Must be knowledgeable of HH information to assist guests at any time.
- Relay any guest complaints/comments to Manager.
- Each server is responsible for the daily maintenance and cleanliness of the bar before, during and after shift.
- Responsible for proper reconciliation of documentation.
- Ensure that all Coolers/side stations are cleaned and stocked daily up to the Stock Par.
Finance, Cost Control & Budgeting
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of orders into computer system and collection of payment Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food and Beverage costs.
- Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
- Reconciliation of money and checks from servers/guests.
- Responsible for profitable bar cost by accurate measurement of product.
- Responsible for correct cash out procedures for servers.
- Sending order through a computer terminal.
- Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
- Ensure that menu items are prepared following recipes.
- Make sure all food and drinks are rung up properly.
- Follow proper procedures for ringing guest checks and cash collecting procedures.
- Follow cash handling responsibilities as dictated by HH policy.
- Be fully responsible and accountable for an issued bank.
- Collects money for food and beverage served.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
Sanitation and Equipment
- Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and HH requirements.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and restaurant requirements.
- Instruct staff in the correct usage and care of all machinery in the kitchen operation, stressing safety.
Meetings & Communication
- Be available for any Restaurant mandatory meeting or training.
- Reports immediately on any major product defect or any major guest issue and takes all necessary corrective actions.
- Ensures a smooth communication with all direct reports and other Restaurants Managers/supervisors
- Keeps current with trends in the restaurant industry.
Attire, language, and behavior
- Is always neatly dressed and groomed, and always behaves and speaks according to HH Division and Harwood International standards of excellence and image.
- Treats all associates - in public and in private - with respect and consideration, regardless of their position or tasks.
- Adaptability / flexibility
- Written / verbal Communication skills
- Customer service
- Integrity / ethics
- Listening skills
- Product knowledge
- Sense of urgency
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- TABC and FH certification
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Professional demeanor