Now hiring Executive Chefs, Sous Chefs, Cooks, Dishwashers, Hosts, Servers, and Bartenders at our JTown and Downtown locations!!
Executive Chef Responsibilities:
• Excellent record of kitchen management;
• 3-5 years of management experience in high-volume restaurants;
• Able to speak/understand Spanish preferred;
• Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices;
• Maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work to all guests and team members;
• Manhattan experience preferred;
• Will need to travel for training (paid for by the business);
• Proven leadership skills - developing, leading, and supervising junior chefs;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Three years of experience in food service management;
• Proficiency using Microsoft Suite to monitor and track inventory and maintain recipe records;
• Continue to build on a positive culture within the restaurant;
• Must be available to work nights, week-ends, holidays as needed;
• Desire to work in a chef-driven environment with room for creativity;
• Must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
Sous Chef Job Summary:
Assists the Executive Chef in restaurant operations and in preparation and design of all food through the implementation, management, and enforcement of policies, procedures, programs, and standards. Provide direction for staff to operational execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
Position Activities and Tasks:
• Assists the Executive Chef in planning and analyzing operations.
• Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean safe, and sanitary manner, according to all established procedures, performance standards, and local health department regulations.
• Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the kitchen.
• Ensures the kitchen's compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
• Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
• Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficient usage and yield application.
• Conducts employment activities to include staffing (hire/term responsibilities), and training.
• Ensures accurate financial data to include: productivity, food costs. Responsible for all communications with regard to system breakdowns and deficiencies.
• Attends restaurant management meetings, makes presentations as requested. Responsible for meeting established objectives during periods of his/her supervision.
• Anticipates, identifies, and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and operational functionality.
• Ensures the thorough training and development of personnel directly supervised.
Cook Job Summary:
Are you a stellar Cook? Ready to put your talent to the test and make some $$ doing what you love? If so, WE WANT YOU!
Hourly rate depending on experience,
30-40 hours a week with the possibility of OT.
Fun work environment
Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
• Please our guests by correctly preparing menu items to our high standards of professional cooking
• Meet company standards of quality, safety, cleanliness and hospitality in providing guests with the most satisfactory food possible
• Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and set a positive example
• Follows operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
• Maintains a clean and organized workspace
• Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
Dishwasher Job Summary:
We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment.
The Dishwasher's are responsible for washing soiled plates and flatware from tables. They may also restock items, unload delivery trucks, help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.To be successful as a Dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
Unloading and storing deliveries.
Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
Competitive Wage, Full or Part time hours available, Schedule Flexibility.
Hos t Job Summary:
Possessing the role of first contact, this position is extremely important as a customer will deem the rest of the hospitality setting as good or bad as initially portrayed.
This position is pivotal to the success of any restaurant, they must understand the importance of proper etiquette and service standards along with the ability to take direction and work in a team environment. Host and Hostesses need to be able to work around difficult situations and must possess exceptional organizational and problem-solving abilities.
• Greet guests and patrons personally as they enter into the establishment
• Receive and record messages on the telephone
• Ensure the proper setup of dining and service areas
• Offer appropriate seats using truly personable demeanor
• Politely request guests to wait in waiting area if no table is available
• Ensure neatness and cleanliness of stations
• Present menus, make recommendations
• Relay special requests to the manager and ensure requests are accommodated in a timely and accurate fashion
• Maintain clean and organized tables and work area
• Assist service staff when needed
• Manage and maintaining both exterior and interior of the restaurant
• Resolve guests' concerns in a prompt manner
• Deliver food and beverages when needed
• Communicate with staff and customers to ensure great service
While this job description list states the essential job duties of a host/hostess, it is, by no means, a complete list of duties as this position requires an individual to work in a manner that we, the employer describes.
Job Types: Part-time
Pay Rate: Based on experience. Benefits if working over 30 hours and PTO if over 30 hours and employed with MBB for over a year.
Server Job Summary:
We are looking for enthusiastic, experienced restaurant servers to maintain and enhance the quality of our customer service. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues and follow established health and safety standards. The goal is to accelerate our business development by providing customers with a memorable experience.
** Must be 20 years or older to serve alcohol.**
• Prepare tables with special attention to sanitation and order
• Attend to customers upon entrance
• Present menus and help customers select food/beverages
• Take/serve orders and answer questions or make recommendations for other products
• Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/bar staff
• Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
• Issue bills and accept payment
• Promote dedication from customers
Bartender Job Summary:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good Bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers' needs and expectations. Compensation includes hourly rate and tips.
-Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
-Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
-Assess customers' needs and preferences and make recommendations
-Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
-Plan and present bar menu
-Check customers' identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
-Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
-Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
Executive Chef Requirements:
• Excellent record of kitchen management
• 3-5 years of management experience in high-volume restaurants
• Able to speak/understand English
• Advanced knowledge of food profession principles and practices
• Maintain a professional and welcoming attitude while at work to all guests and team members
• Proven leadership skills - developing, leading, and supervising sous chefs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Three years of experience in food service management
• Proficiency monitoring and tracking inventory and maintaining recipe records..... click apply for full job details