The Director of Production at Lick Honest Ice Creams is a food industry professional and experienced pastry chef who oversees and leads the production of the highest quality, most delicious, safest, cost-conscious and honest artisan ice creams possible. This Director will also be responsible for the supply chain function of the ice cream manufacturing aspect of business. The person in this role supports the creative process, assures the quality of our products, and builds a team of trained, dependable and accountable employees. This person will have the skills and experience to develop a high-performance production team. This leader will be responsible for managing all safety, quality, production and procurement functions. Responsibilities include cost reduction, continuous process improvement, training and internal project management.
- Fully support the mission, vision and core values of the company and the integrity of the brand
- Engage in day to day operations of the ice cream production & Supply Chain processes
- Maintain highest Food Production Facility sanitary, safety and organization levels and meet or exceed all health department requirements
- Meet the production & supply chain demands of the business
- Lead by example and provide leadership with the ability to get results through mentoring others.
- Accept feedback, suggestions and constructive criticism in the interest of the business
- Have strong communication skills, be energetic and engaging, take initiative, and exhibit positive attitude throughout his/her team
- Human Resources Management: including but not limited to recruiting, scheduling, training
- Sanitation Management: including but not limited to ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies and facilities management
- Supply Chain Management: including but not limited to ingredient and supply procurement, inventory management, and logistics
- Research & Development: collaborating with Chief Culinary Officer on new and existing products, executing changes & improvements, maintaining vendor relationships
- Quality Control & Efficiency Management: including but not limited to HACCP certification management, working with Quality Assurance Lead to maintain product & production standards
- Financial Management: managing departmental budget, labor, ingredient and supply costs, analyzing cost of goods
- Bachelor's degree preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in food and beverage, hospitality or manufacturing management preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- Solid working knowledge of the following business enterprises: HSE/quality regulatory compliance, processing/packaging/warehouse operations, ingredient and package material procurement, production planning & deployment, sales and marketing, research and development, maintenance and engineering and excellent communication, facilitation and influence skills.
- Experience developing/coaching hourly and supervisory staff required
- Experience in managing projects to completion, and statistics/logical problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project), project management softwares, and all Google applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others