We are searching for a bar manager who is committed and proactive and would enjoy working in a popular, elegant and beautiful wine bar in a very hip and trendy N. Mississippi Avenue Portland area. The Bar Manager will promote and grow the business, hire and train waitstaff, and ensure that customers are receiving excellent drinks, food, and service. You will also manage inventory and resources, plan promotional events, manage marketing, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, maintain current licenses and update vendor contracts, create schedules, and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize customer satisfaction. You should also be able to work with diverse personalities and diffuse tense situations.
Bar Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the operational, marketing and business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, staff licenses, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals.
- Calculation of Staff tips for payroll
- Hiring and training staff to provide excellent service to customers.
- Order all bar supply needs in timely manner & and maintain vendor relationships
- Update monthly & seasonal menu changes, and contribute to new offerings
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure that bar is well staffed during peak hours.
- Setting and enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and patrons.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events.
- Diffusing tense situations between customers or staff members
- Maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for customers.
Bar Manager Requirements:
High School Diploma (College degree preferred)
Restaurant or management experience or more education is generally preferred.
Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items in a fast-paced environment.