BASIC PURPOSE: Responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures for all phases of the general ledger to identify and analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control and procedures.
- Prepare complex journal entries and accruals during month-end closings.
- Review and approve journal entries and reconciliations prepared by Staff Accountants.
- Prepare various schedules for distribution to management and executive management.
- Perform various analysis including but not limited to performing quarterly analytics and providing explanations for the variances for results different than the expectations developed, monthly variance explanations of actuals from budget/ forecast and other.
- Prepare complex monthly account reconciliations and follow up to clear reconciling items.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Company policy and other accepted policies and procedures to assure consistency in accounting practices.
- Analyze accounting transactions to ensure accuracy and appropriate recording of information and calculations. Prepare or direct correcting entries to resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities in order to ensure all phases of the general ledger, month end and financial statements are correct.
- Assist in Financial auditing as it pertains to assigned accounts and responsibilities. Maintain and make sure Accounting processes are in compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley Act by doing ongoing analysis to ensure accurate financial disclosure.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues. Identify specific areas where new policies should be implemented, or existing ones revised. Provide strategic recommendations as needed.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to develop new reports to support changes in the business and enable process improvement.
- Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures to provide direction and guidance in connection with those accounting transactions, procedures, and reports through the department.
- Prepare financial management reports for the organization, departments and projects and performs special projects, and analysis as required.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. Master's degree in accounting or CPA is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of four years of Corporate Accounting experience or two years of Public Accounting experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Proven knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles. Strong understanding of economic principles, auditing practices and principles and applicable laws, codes and regulations. Experience in the management of financial/accounting systems, budgets, balance sheet reconciliation, month end cycle, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, and providing financial advice. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Advanced level in Excel and Word. Attention to detail and accuracy. Planning and organizing skills. Information and task monitoring. Problem analysis, judgment and problem solving. Supervisory skills. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Teamwork, cooperation and ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management or groups of managers. Strong analytical skills preferred.