Restaurant Brands International Inc. ("RBI") is one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $30 billion in system-wide sales and over 25,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories. RBI owns three of the world's most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands - TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, and POPEYES®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for over 45 years. We are looking for team players that show a true yearning to improve not only our business, but themselves. With meritocracy is at the forefront of our company's culture, we live and breathe a performance-driven environment where hard work and results speak for themselves. Top performers are rewarded for what they achieve, and with success, you can accelerate your career as quickly as your talent will allow.
The Manager, Development (DM) is responsible for managing our complex development process, supporting franchisees and field teams in driving pipeline performance for openings and remodels. The DM is a project manager, but also serves as an invaluable execution partner, leading the clearance, site approval, and portfolio management function. Additionally, the DM is responsible for ensuring the organization achieves its goals for net restaurant growth and restaurant image. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for enabling franchisees to achieve industry-leading net restaurant growth
* Develops, updates, and implements market plans to help optimize the Burger King growth opportunity in markets throughout the US
* Builds relationships with franchisees, brokers, and developers to build quality development pipelines for current and future years
* Administers and delivers the current year new restaurant opening plan for Franchisee restaurants
* Works closely with franchisees on definition and execution of remodel pipelines
* Works cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, such as: Legal, Real Estate, Finance, Global Business Services, and Global Development
* Manage Pipeline updates, Store Status updates (closure and temporary closures) and Franchise Agreement Management
* Lead the site approval process
* Bachelors Degree in the fields of Business, Construction, Real Estate or equivalent field required
* 3+ years relevant work experience, project management experience preferred
* Demonstrates effective communication, influencing and excellent organizational skills
* Strong analytical skillset with ability to transform data into action plans
* Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrates high level of problem solving skills
* Demonstrates strong business acumen to maintain and grow relationships with franchisees, brokers and developers
* Demonstrates formal negotiating skills
* Has general understanding of real estate contracts and franchise agreements
* Ability to prepare and present development updates to senior leadership
* Honesty, high integrity, personal accountability, ownership mentality and a passion for the success of the brand, the team, and personal career growth
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.