Assistant Kitchen Manager/Sous Chef. This position will assist the Kitchen Manager in maintaining operations by leading as an example in quality standards, sanitation, cleanliness, and training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, and cost control. This position will report directly to the Kitchen Manager.
Silverspot Cinema offers a competitive salary and great benefits! For management positions, Silverspot covers 100% of employee only health insurance, dental, vision and basic life insurance/AD&D. We also offer dependent/spouse coverage as well as supplemental benefits such as short-term disability and long-term disability. Our eligible associates also enjoy vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, movie passes and employee discounts.
Assistant Kitchen Manager/Sous Chef - Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Develop and maintain an in-depth familiarity with the kitchen's operations so that they may fill in for the Kitchen Manager when needed.
- Assist the Kitchen Manager in resolving any problems that may arise in the kitchen with functionality and operations.
- Ensuring all kitchen staff is following proper procedures and protocols.
- Oversee the kitchen while also hands on working with staff.
- Work with the Kitchen Manager to ensure the best working conditions and quality service possible.
- Control purchases and inventory by doing weekly food orders. Meets with Kitchen Manager and General Manager to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Reviews weekly reports with Kitchen Manager to analyze food cost and take corrective action.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by following and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures while upholding health code compliance.
- Controls labor by scheduling according to a weekly budget and managing daily according to sales.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a positive and professional working culture.
- Always complies with all sanitation and nutritional regulations and safety standards.
- Stays up to date on current food and industry trends locally and nationally.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Sous Chef role or similar. Supervisory experience is a plus.
- College degree is a plus .
- ServSafe Manager Certification, or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must keep all relevant certifications/credentials up to date (i.e. Serv Safe, Food Handler and/or Alcohol Server).
- Must be able to effectively supervise and motivate assigned direct reports in a kitchen setting; possess a positive attitude, work well with others, be trustworthy, especially in confidential matters and be well organized and efficient
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment, while still delivering on our promises to our guests, ensuring a team focused environment
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position.
Silverspot Cinema is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Silverspot Cinema also participates in E-Verify.