Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Coral Gables, Kendall, Homestead & Weston
Is looking for
Palace at Coral Gables
Luxury Independent Living for Active Adults
1 Andalusia Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33134
Best Independent Living Community in the US
by the National Associated of Home Builders, 2014
The #1 Priority of this position is…
To prepare & handle food items under the direction of the Chef, in accordance with the daily production schedule, to the satisfaction of The Palace Residents & Families.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to estimate quantities of food required, to order inventory and rotate food items as needed.
- Properly store & label food items.
- Meet meals and production schedules.
- Apportion food items based on Daily Special orders, diet order and residents' food preference.
- Maintain sanitation standards & food handling based on County, State & Federal regulations.
- 2 years' experience in quantity cooking, Catering & Banquets.
- Experience in an institutional kitchen with mechanical food service equipment.
- Restaurant line service cooking according to written orders.
- Ability to follow supervisor's instructions written and verbal.
- Ability to practice The Palace Principles ("Teamwork", "Safety" & "Ask! Don't Assume!")
- Functional Math ability at high school level.
- Culinary school student or graduate, preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
The Ideal Candidate
- Polite, responsible, always on time, resourceful, accurate & conscientious.
- Flexible as to work schedule. Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays & in emergencies.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner, including taking precautions & safe work practices; obey the established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management & security; report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair & maintenance needs.
- Able to apply common-sense understanding to carry out oral or written instructions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.
- Must enjoy teamwork.
- Follow up with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding complaints, problems & concerns.
- Use tactful communications in sensitive & emotional situations.