BASIC PURPOSE: Responsible for overseeing and ensuring all card and payment processing functions, recordings and projects are in accordance with established standards. Manages and provides insight on multiple projects deemed critical to direct stakeholders, adhere to sensitive timelines, and have working knowledge of credit card processors, gateway services, and electronic payments. Assists in the resolution of difficult or sensitive processing transactions and ensures all regulatory guidelines are met with respect to disputes and fraud.
- Assist management with the development of new and ongoing payment processing initiatives with an emphasis on systems architecture, payments data validation, quality control and automation.
- Assist management with both periodic and ad hoc reconciliations requested by stakeholders or external parties related to all areas of payment processing (e.g. authorizations, transactions, chargebacks, fees, etc.)
- Assist in the resolution of difficult or sensitive processing transactions and ensures all regulatory guidelines are met with respect to disputes and fraud.
- Manage the relationships with credit card processors, gateway provider, banks and other providers that support payments.
- Act as liaison between Credit Card Processors and Accounting teams for inquiries about daily cash reports utilized for monthly reconciliation. Reconciliation will consist of validating accurate bank settlement data, tracing individual transaction information, resolving payment services issues surrounding guest payments and refunds, resolving chargeback queries, assessing interchange qualification data, and other necessary reconciliation items surrounding credit card acceptance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) of the rules and regulations of the various payment processing entities (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover, Fed/ACH, etc.).
- Compile Monthly Settlement Reports and run the automated monthly Credit Card Settlement Reconciliation script used by Accounting teams for reconciliation purposes.
- Lead Merchant Identifier (MID) administration and tracking. Maintain a complete inventory of current MID's by credit card processor, receiving and submitting time sensitive merchant documentation to the respective credit card processors in order to gain merchant processing account approvals.
- Maintain inventory of NCLH Payment Processing User Access for platforms that are out of scope of Security Access Management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on payment regulations and ensure affected departments are made aware of their potential impact early enough to take necessary actions.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, finance or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of relevant background and work experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 4 years experience in a financial analysis, partner management, payment operations, or finance operations role that worked closely with software development teams. Experience in Payments Industry Preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Strong knowledge of credit cards, alternative payments, payments technology, and project management preferred. Strong technical understanding of Seaware, NVS, and Oracle Fidelio Software is preferred. Demonstrable competency with SQL and VBA. Understanding of data transmission, data integrity, and data analysis, and database systems. Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas to improve processes and procedures. Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Strong attention to details. Strong analytical, research skills to analyze discrepancies and data. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel. Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, self-start and meet deadlines. Must be extremely accurate and detail oriented in order to maintain high standards of accuracy. Self-starter and team player, with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, ever evolving, and deadline driven environment.