The Banquet Cook I, will take ownership of a station and make it their own, cooking exceptional food, organizing and maintaining all standards of quality and cleanliness.
What will I be doing?
As a Banquet Cook I, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Support Company's philosophy and company culture
- Complete ownership of the station and act as a team player and help out wherever necessary
- Prepare foods as outlined in the Banquet Event Orders.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations
- If assistance is needed, work on main kitchen hot/cold line
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Able to handle service and stay organized
- Able to work a busy station, cooking in bulk with high quality
- Great love of cooking
- Able to follow recipes
- Quick learner who wants to experience all the stations and cuisines.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years in the culinary department of a luxury hotel or restaurant
- Able to work within the guidelines of the company's safety program
- Quality driven with a passion for excellence.
- Approachable, open-minded and fair
- Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
- High energy
- Team Player
- Knowledge of other cuisines is a plus
- Experience in a luxury environment
- Culinary degree or Apprenticeship Program
- ServSafe Certified
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
-Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
-Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
-Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
-Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
-Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
-Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!