Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Coordinate document collection for packaging material assessments, including: review and assessment of supplier compliance documents, development of packaging test plans, and data summarization.
- Coordinate testing activity for packaging qualifications, including: coordination of external testing, verification of results, data summarization, and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with Supplier Quality Assurance, Packaging Engineering, Project Management, and Purchasing groups in support of packaging qualification projects.
- Manage packaging qualification projects under the guidance of a research scientist, project coordinator, or R&D manager.
- Directs own daily activities to gather, verify, and summarize test data while incorporating appropriate procedures.
- Interact with other groups, share information, provide updates, summarize information, and distill technical information for non-technical team members.
- Strategy: Projects are assigned with defined scope and goals. Assures activities are consistent with project critical path. Detailed direction of activities is not required. Budgets own time to carry out assigned duties.
- Quality of Work: Responsible for documentation accuracy, quality, and timeliness of experimental results and data assessments.
- Work Performance: Successfully summarizes data and analyzes results; formulates conclusions and reviews progress with supervisor. Highlights out of specification or aberrant results to supervisor for review.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum B.S. in a scientific related field.
- 3-5 years' experience in a packaging related field
- Experience with packaging qualification for food contact, packaging food contact regulations, packaging sustainability, packaging migration testing, contaminants, or project management are an advantage.
- Travel 5 %
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on