BASIC PURPOSE: Responsible for the design, development and maintenance of enterprise-wide reporting and analytics.
- Design & Develop highly visual, interactive, and layered Business Intelligence solutions using Tableau, Business Objects (Explorer, Information Design Tool (IDT), Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports , Analysis for OLAP and Dashboards).
- Triage requests, gather user requirements and ultimately facilitate ad hoc report/data requests with a quick turn-around time and/or develop production reports originating from the Data Warehouse to be used by the business for ongoing analytical and operational needs.
- Responsible for the construction of basic to advanced SQL (Oracle / SQL Server) and basic PLSQL that provide the necessary data to support the business and feed our BI platforms.
- Responsible for data preparation, data blending, the creation of data models /sets using applications such as Alteryx.
- Provide application support to internal users of the business intelligence applications including fleet and shore-side departments.
- Define and document processes, best practices, and strategies for existing and future BI solutions, optimizing business efficiencies as it relates to process improvement.
- Responsible for the education of users on available BI Platforms.
- Design test plans, including definition of test cases and the creation of detailed solution test scripts. Work with other teams and vendors to explore methods for automation of testing. Audit and analyze application data, when requested by management.
- Act as a liaison between business users, management and application system IT support.
- Maintain documentation of database workflows, requirements, policies, and procedures as they relate to Business Intelligence Reporting.
- Support the creation, implementation, communication and ongoing support of data standards and processes to ensure standardized data naming, establishing consistent data definitions and monitoring overall data quality.
- Assist business and IT areas in developing relevant exception reporting and addressing existing exceptions reports to ensure that mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and ultimately resolved.
- Interface with Data Warehouse and Architectural staff to provide data requirements to support ongoing BI initiative.
- Define and document processes, best practices, and strategies for existing and future BI solutions.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
EDUCATION: MBA, MIS or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineer Science, Statistics, Industry Engineering, Business Administration or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 -5 years Information Technology, Business Intelligence and Database, developing data visualizations, end user reports and performing data analysis, using BI Platforms including Tableau, Business Objects (Explorer, Information Design Tool (IDT), Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Analysis for OLAP and Dashboards). Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies. Project management and data warehouse technologies experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Strong background developing data visualizations, end user reports and performing data analysis. Strong understanding of design strategies around information display. End to end knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing architectures. Have a fundamental understanding of data management systems and processes within the ecosystem (source systems, data feeds, reference data management, ETL, Data Warehouses and Marts, data cube design, etc.). Strong RDBMS background, have excellent SQL skills. Excellent analytical skills and organizational skills to gather and document business requirements. Verbal and written communication skills to thoroughly prepare specifications make recommendations and effectively work with internal and external members. Excellent analytical, logical and problem-solving skills. Excellent spoken and written communication skills. Self-motivated, quality-oriented, delivery-oriented, and able to self-prioritize work. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment