Description of Duties/Essential Functions Benefits Supplemental Questions
Under general supervision, performs routine task in the kitchen, dining room or other dietary areas. Assists in kitchen by preparing vegetables and other foodstuffs for cooking, such as grinding meats. Cleaning poultry, washing and cutting fruits, cutting cakes and pies, preparing soft desserts in individual portions, fills condiment containers and pours beverages. Makes coffee, salads, sandwiches; operates griddle in preparation of such dishes as fried eggs, French toast or pancakes. Prepare sack lunches to be sent with members on outings; fill food containers for meals served to domiciliary residents. Sets up food items for food line and maintains food supply during serving. Loads and delivers food carts to units for non-ambulatory and domiciliary members and retrieves used items after the mealtimes. Scrapes dishes, loads and unloads dishwasher, places clean dishes in proper area in dining room; cleans, maintains, de-limes dishes and utensil machines and checks dishwashing machines for proper temperature during operation.
Minimum Requirements: Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of high school, supplemented by six months performing support service in the dietary field. Requires working knowledge of routine tasks commonly found in dietary functions. Requires skill in the basic operation of machinery and equipment found in the dietary area.
Work Hours & Location/Agency Contact: Various Shifts and Schedules
IL Veterans' Home-Anna
792 North Main Street
Anna, Illinois 62906
Phone: ext: 227
APPLICATION - BIDDING PROCEDURES:
* JOB ASSIGNMENT (SAME TITLE): Employee must submit a current bid form and a CMS100 Application to the contact person; this must be done within the bid/posting period and contain the posting ID number on the all forms.
* PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Effective November 1, 2019, CMS Examining will no longer accept CMS100B applications. Current employees interested in this position must submit a bid form and completed Promotional Application (CMS100B, Rev. 07/2019 or newer) to the contact person; this must be done within the bid/posting period and contain the posting ID number on the all forms.
* ALL OTHER INTERESTED CANDIDATES (Voluntary Reduction/Transfer): Applicants must submit a bid form, transfer request form (if applicable), and a completed employment application (CMS100, Rev. 07/2019 or newer)to the contact person; this must be done within the posting period and contain the bid/posting ID number on all forms.
* NON-STATE APPLICANTS/GENERAL PUBLIC: Submit a CMS100 application to the contact person; this must be done within the posting period and contain the bid/posting ID number on all forms. If a written examination is needed for this position, the applicant will be contacted to be scheduled for the exam when it is available.
Please visit to obtain a CMS100 application.
How to Apply:
Click Here for Applicant Information and Grading Procedures
This position may require a current grade from Central Management Services (CMS), Division of Examining and Counseling, to be deemed qualified and available for employment consideration. For more information, please refer to the Work4Illinois website at Work.Illinois.Gov and select 'Application Procedures'. Additional information may also be obtained from the Agency Contact listed above or by contacting CMS, Division of Examining and Counseling at or , (TDD/TTY), (TTY Only).
Additional Documentation for Support Service Worker:
Additional Title and Exam Information
Test Information Guide
These documents are in PDF format and can be viewed using Adobe Reader.
NOTE: Salary amounts shown are only to be used as a guide; actual salary will be determined at the time of hire based on current salary plans and/or collective bargaining agreements, if applicable.
Bargaining unit employees interested in bidding for this position should complete a Request to Bid Form, attach it to an application, and submit it directly to the name and address listed above. Bid Forms may be obtained at any Department of Veterans' Affairs facility.
* NOTE: Employees who are interested in a promotion into this position must have a promotional grade and it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain such grade from the Department of Central Management Services. If you do not already have a promotional grade for this title, complete a Promotional Examination Application(CMS100B) and send it directly to the Examining Division, 500 William G. Stratton Building, Springfield, Illinois 62706. In order to be considered for this vacancy, the CMS100B must be mailed to the Examining Division no later than the date listed below as the last day to apply.
* NOTE: For outside applicants who are not currently an employee of the State of Illinois, it is the applicants responsibility to submit for and receive a qualifying eligibility grade from the Department of Central Management Services in order to be considered for this position.