Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Applications are still being accepted in anticipation of opening our resorts for the summer season, contingent on our ability to resume operations.
Nestled at the base of Vail Mountain, in the heart of the renowned Vail Village, The Lodge at Vail combines a perfect location and exemplary service with the famously classic ambiance of an alpine-inspired Vail resort. The Lodge at Vail is a legendary hotel that offers In-Room Dining throughout the day for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing the highest service standards in all interactions with owners, guests, co-workers and management.
- Answering all phones within 3 rings and providing pleasant and polite communication while on the phone.
- Accurately take orders over the phone.
- Accurately input all orders into the POS system and the ability to communicate any special orders to the kitchen.
- Responsible for cash handling and proper reconciliation of all transactions.
- Handles all table and tray setups focusing on details and cleanliness.
- Delivering all orders in a timely fashion and within the quote time.
- Provides call backs to follow up with guests about tray pickup.
- Follows all brand standards for service and phone etiquette.
- Delivering amenities throughout the hotel on time and accurately.
- Maintaining the coffee station in the lobby and the water station outside of the restaurant.
- Performing tray sweeps through hallways, stairwells and service areas to maintain cleanliness throughout the hotel.
- Responsible for knowing all of the menus which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Assisting in maintaining cleanliness and great guest service at the pool and hot tubs.
- Providing assistance in possible setup, breakdown and food running to the pool.
- Assisting with completing tasks assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent. -preferred
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude towards guests - required.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. -required
- Must be able to work a varied schedule, including weekends, holidays, early mornings, afternoons and evenings. -required
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time. -required
- Previous customer service / serving experience. -preferred
- Previous experience with a Point of Sale System. -preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully in English, both written and verbal. -required
The budgeted range starts at 9.30-10.81 + Tips. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus...
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 305469