Located on the 5th floor of the Austin Proper Hotel, La Piscina is a convivial poolside restaurant and bar serving Texas-inspired Mexican cuisine. The vibrant, open space overlooks the downtown Austin bustle as groups convene over family-style platters, ceviches and table-top sizzling fajitas, with fresh seafood grilled over a wood fire and house-made tortillas from an open comal. The bar provides an accompanying selection of frozen margaritas, native Mexican spirits, small-batch tequila & mezcal as well as an assortment of outdoor-friendly snacks.
The Host/Hostess will provide excellent customer service by creating a personable and memorable experience for guests, while maintaining the functionality and safety of the hotel.
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, while seating them in a timely manner
• Manage seating between stations to ensure balance in workload for wait staff
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
• Answer telephones and schedule reservations using appropriate phone etiquette
• Learn Food and Beverage Menu
• Ensure a clean and organized front of the house environment
• Display a desire to exceed expectations with every interaction
• Able to work under pressure
• Dependable and detail-oriented
• Excellent organizational skills
• Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.