Come work in an exciting and fast paced office to assist organization in providing nutritious meals to the community.This is professional and technical work that involves reviewing child and adult care nutrition programs in schools, institutions, and child and adult care centers to ensure that programs are operated in conformance with federal regulations and state policies.
1. Conducts administrative reviews of federally funded Child Nutrition (CN) programs to ensure that programs are in conformance with regulations and policies.
2. Uses CNPEARS technology for scheduling and conducting reviews.
3. Reviews and analyzes statistical and financial data to determine if sponsors are in compliance with regulations.
4. Determines corrective action that must be taken and/or fiscal action that must be imposed as a result of non-compliance found during reviews.
5. Determines accuracy of eligibility for free and reduced-price meals made by sponsors.
6. Reviews meal counts to determine correctness of monthly claims for reimbursement.
7. Visits sponsoring entities to ensure that the food service is conducted in compliance with federal regulations and state policies.
8. Evaluates menus for compliance in meeting federal nutritional standards and state policies.
9. Prepares corrective action plans, which describe violations of federal regulations found during reviews, and works with sponsors to develop suggested actions to correct the problems.
10. Provides training and technical assistance for CN program sponsors. This includes developing and conducting training sessions for CN Program administrators and staff.
11. Informs personnel of CN programs of recent developments in food service techniques or nutritional requirements through participation in the development and dissemination of informational materials. This includes providing workshops and presentations, when requested by supervisor.
12. Promotes/advocates the importance of CN programs to local administrators and food service personnel.
13. Attends meetings of governmental agencies and other organizations involved in CN programs, when requested by supervisor.
14. Performs related work as required.
Employee works with a considerable amount of independence when conducting mandated reviews in the field. Employee makes daily decisions in terms of correctly identifying and articulating violations of federal law and regulations. Employee also makes decisions concerning appropriate technical assistance to be delivered in addition to the mandated reviews.
* Full-time employment
* Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Monday - Friday; 1 hour lunch
* This position is home headquartered
* Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: Two years of professional experience in nutrition services or school food service management and a bachelor's degree in dietetics, nutrition, food service administration, or hotel and restaurant management OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
* Must meet PA residency requirement - For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
* Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
* If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
* Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at .
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
* Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
* Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
* Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
* You must provide complete and accurate information or:
* your score may be lower than deserved.
* you may be disqualified.
* You may only apply/test once for this posting.
* Your results will be provided via email.