The overall objective and purpose of the Steward position are to support the culinary staff by maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen. The incumbent is responsible for washing dishes, pots, and pans, as well as organizing and cleaning the kitchen. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established by the company. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuinely warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Maintain the integrity of the guests' privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Proficiently operate the dishwashing equipment, using a proper number of products. Report deficiencies.
- Follow proper food handling procedures
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware
- Wash pots, pans, and trays
- Maintain a clean and organized pantry and coolers
- Clean countertops and walls, mop floors
- Segregate and remove trash and garbage and place it in designated containers
- Regularly empty garbage containers
- Rinse out and wash garbage cans
- Sort bottles, plastics, and other recyclable items
- Stack clean dishes and transfer equipment to the proper storage area
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- Ability to operate an industrial dishwasher
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgment and effectively solve problems
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Graduate or related training equivalent - required
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title - preferred
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, stand, stoop, bend and crouch up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting, and standing for long and short periods of time.