Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Gulf Coast, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
* Performs all duties required to ensure that rooms are kept clean (i.e. vacuuming, dusting, glass cleaning, sanitizing bathrooms, changing linens, etc.).
* Notifies Housekeeping Dispatcher or Supervisor when any repairs are necessary.
* Ensures that each room is properly stocked.
* Ensures everything in guest room is in proper working order.
* Ensures linens and terry are without defect.
* Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with customers and fellow team members.
* Any and all duties as assigned by your Supervisor or a member of management.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Prior hotel experience preferred.
* Good communication skills required.
* While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Must be able to bend 20 percent from the waist, stand/walk 40 percent and lift 20 percent.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Something to leave you with
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer