In the urban village of Rosslyn, Le Méridien Arlington is centrally located among top destinations in the Washington, D.C. region. This stylish boutique hotel is also close to numerous restaurants, shopping options, and corporate offices. Amuse boasts innovative Italian cuisine as well as an inviting terrace with close views of the Potomac River. Meanwhile, Amuse Bar is a sophisticated setting for lounging and enjoying signature cocktails and renowned wines. Our 154 engaging guest rooms and suites provide ample space for business, leisure, or an intersection of the two. Le Meridien Arlington inspires its artists to savor the culture and enjoy the offerings of its local area. Together with competitive benefits programs to include the tuition reimbursement program and employee assistance program, creative and health initiatives, our artists collaborate together to cultivate and make new experiences come to life. We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Serve guests in hospitable manner to ensure positive guest experience during arrival and departure.
* Show guests to room assisting with their luggage.
* Explain all hotel facilities, their location in the hotel, hours of operation, and answer all questions about these facilities and other hotel questions.
* Check luggage for hotel guests both for day and overnight.
* Maintain the designated station in the lobby, standing alert to be easily summoned for fronts.
* Open doors and greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the bell stand, lobby and baggage room. Keep lobby door and windows clean when not busy with guests.
* Post the daily events board and entertainment board in the lobby.
* Maintain an open communication line through all shifts by proper use of intershift log.
* Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
* Perform pick ups and drop-offs at the airport for the guests in a timely and friendly manner and inspect vehicles.
* May perform the duties of a valet as required.
* Assist front desk with key inventory twice weekly.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Ability to communicate with guests, respond to questions, knowledge of hotel service, local area events and activities.
* Ability to drive vans, limousines and automobiles. Must have an excellent driving record as verified by a Motor Vehicle Report with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage with sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to be able to load and unload luggage up to 75 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and/or walking with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.