The Caribbean-inspired Loews Sapphire Falls Resort transports guests to paradise where blue waterfalls cascade across lush grounds and the invitation to cool relaxation is everywhere. Reminiscent of a leisurely estate in the heart of the tropics, the calming sounds of steel drums call guests to take in the scenic water views and indulge in Caribbean flavors while they ease into 'island time' and let go.
This position assists servers in providing food and beverage service to guests dining in the restaurant and Lounge area.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Performs all opening and closing duties as listed on side work assignment sheet
* Applies teamwork skills at all times and assists co-workers when time permits
* Greets all guests and gives intelligent and accurate information and direction
* Stocks and/or restocks all service stations as needed
* Buses, cleans, and resets tables according to standards
* Assists servers with food and beverage service
* Refills coffee, tea and water for all guests
* Breakdowns trays at the dish stand
* Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, work area, and dining room.
* Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
* Attends scheduled meeting and training classes
* Remains current with hotel information and changes
* Complies with hotel policies and rules and uniform and grooming procedures
* Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treats other employees and guest with courtesy and respect
* Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management, and fellow employees
* Recycles whenever possible
* Other duties as assigned
* Must have good English skills
* This position requires bending, lifting, and carrying. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to prioritize work
* Must be a team player
* Must be flexible to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
* Must be customer-service orientated and have excellent hospitality skills
* Food Handler's Card is accepted
* High school diploma preferred