About the position:
This position will be assigned to the Falcon Club, Air Force Academy, Colorado.
This position does not include benefits.
* Requires use of both arms, hands, and legs, and involves prolonged standing, walking, reaching, and light lifting and carrying objects that seldom weigh in excess of 10 pounds.
Learn more about this agency
* Discusses menu with supervisor and familiarizes self with menu prior to opening.
* Secures clean linen and silverware, depending on the menu and food to be served.
* Sets assigned tables, spreading clean linen and placing glasses, condiment holders, flowers, candles or lamps, and silverware on table.
* Prepares side tables with silverware, bowls of ice and other extras that may be required during the meal.
* Receives guests and takes orders.
* Writes guests' orders, answers questions regarding food and beverages or makes suggestions about dishes and beverages. Works according to rigid time schedule, secures food from kitchen, and places dishes by course in front of each person. Continues to provide service as needed and requested by guests.
* Following completion of meal, gives check to guest, who may pay cashier or the waiter or elect to sign the dinning room guest check when authorized.
* Removes soiled dishes, glasses and silverware, or requests food service worker to do so.
* May perform cleaning duties as time permits, such as sweeping, mopping, and so forth, in assigned area, or cleaning entryways.
* May perform dishwashing or other functions in an emergency.
* Performs other related duties as required.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application:
* Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
* This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 08/27/2021
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
* Must have experience or training in proper food handling and serving techniques.
* Knowledge of food menu items and wine selection for various foods sufficient to explain to customer.
* Must be able to follow cash handling procedures, make simple mathematical computations, and prepare checks for patrons.
* Must meet the appropriate minimum age requirement for serving alcoholic beverages.
* Must be able to obtain a Food handler's Certificate and/or complete food handler's training.
* Must be able to communicate with customers and possess skill in dealing with the public.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.