The firm receptionist, creates a positive first impression on behalf of the Firm, performs job functions with a high level of confidentiality and directs clients to the proper person in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
* Answers calls within three rings, handling all calls in a friendly, professional and courteous manner; provides assistance and information required and connects caller with desired party
* Greets guests entering the office in a professional manner. Offers choice of beverage to guests. Escorts/directs them to the appropriate destination or assists with this
* Speaks clearly, uses appropriate grammar and proper telephone techniques.
* Handles all incoming faxes, forwarding them to the appropriate business segment and/or colleague.
* Handles all incoming and outgoing mail. Including opening firm mail, sorting checks for
* Receives incoming FedEx packages and routes to appropriate colleagues or business segments. Also responsible for processing outgoing FedEx requests, including charging to appropriate business segment and delivering to FedEx drop-off location
* Orders, receives and manages general office supplies
* Orders and maintains supplies for kitchen. Kitchen restock of snacks & supplies. Empty dishwasher in AM. Kitchen cleanup and start dishwasher in PM. Twice a month, refrigerator cleanout and microwave clean.
* Cleans, straightens up and maintain neat and tidy conference rooms, reception area and work room including all supply storage areas on each floor. Includes stocking items in work room and storage closets on all floors. Also includes filling printers with paper on each floor on a regular basis
* Desk setup for new colleagues including basic office supplies, preparing name cards and laminating
* Serves as building representative building owner, reporting any issues within the office or restrooms on our floors
* In charge of Security cameras, updating procedures as needed and calling for maintenance
* Manages offsite storage - delivery, retrieval, shredding, update and manage index with assistance from each business segment
* Look for opportunities to improve the firm, business segment and processes. Bring issues and discrepancies to appropriate leadership
* General administrative and clerical support
* Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent processes/procedures
* Other duties as assigned or requested
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
* Professional, neat appearance and demonstrates effective telephone etiquette
* Friendly, well organized and enjoys dealing with people
* Prior experience with telephone
* AA degree or college experience
* Above average knowledge of appropriate software-Microsoft Operating Systems, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel
* Strong planning, organizational, and follow-up skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to handle multiple tasks on an ongoing basis and in a timely manner
* Ability to ensure a culture of accountability, integrity, and respect with interpersonal skills
* Ability to create and foster a trusting and engaging work environment
* Demonstrates the organization's core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with the firm's culture.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
This position description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing in the role and is not a contract. The essential responsibilities are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the Firm. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged colleagues.