ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides on-going coaching and appropriate progressive discipline to all Team Members in the restaurant, managing appropriate documentation and ensure each Team Member has clarity around their current level of performance.
* Increases sales in the restaurant by providing the highest levels of uncompromising quality of food, beverage, reception, greeting, seating and service.
* Supervises day-to-day operations to ensure all standards of RCSH quality and service are achieved during each shift.
* Conducts first interviews and recommends hires to General Manager and Chef.
* Provides orientation and training according to all RCSH training systems, standards and manuals for new hires.
* Constructs the weekly work schedule to meet the demands of the business.
* Supervises operations and Team Members to ensure that all cleaning, maintenance, housekeeping and side work duties are accomplished in line with operations standards.
* Proactively communicates to General Manager and other members of the management team to share and convey information regarding the restaurant. Ensures there are no surprises.
* Maintains familiarity with all national, state, and local safety, health, and sanitation standards and ensures all Team Members are following guidelines appropriately.
* Correctly performs all duties necessary to close the restaurant.
* Performs effectively in both the FOH and BOH rotation as scheduled.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Supervises the Bar, Host, Servers, Bussers, and Food Runners.
* Generates maximum financial performance of beverage operations to include responsibility for generation of revenue and effective cost controls. Sets, submits, and achieves operating budgets, under the guidance of the General Manager on a monthly basis; which includes sales, cost of sales, liquor, beer, wine, labor, operating supplies, etc.
* Develops accurate and aggressive short- and long-term financial objectives relating to liquor, beer and wine sales.
* Sets par and inventory levels for all beverage items, bar supplies, glassware, small wares and equipment to ensure correct quantities for the day-to-day business. Conducts bar inventories on a monthly basis.
* Correctly orders liquor, beer, wine, bar supplies, glassware, small wares and other bar equipment to ensure effective bar operations.
* Works as a floor manager during each meal period to, support the service staff, ensure the highest levels of quality and service. Visits tables and interacts with guests, monitors proper front door procedures, reservations, seating and greeting, resulting in effective control of the low of our guests. In the absence of the General Manager, operates as the manager-on-duty for the shift.
* Conducts pre-shift line-up meetings with all Front-of-the House staff prior to the beginning of each shift to ensure the restaurant is ready for service. Communicates special information and maintains on-going communication with staff.
* Conducts on-going Front-of-the House staff meetings to provide continuous training and development in the areas of service, suggestive selling and sales techniques for liquor, beer and wine sales, safety, security and sanitation.
* Manages all Private Dine (both virtual and in-person) events in the restaurant, coordinating with Sales to contact the Guest, review all event requirements, ensure coordination with Kitchen, staffing, overseeing the event, providing coaching to the event team, and debriefing with the Host of the event.
* Coordinates event menus with the Chef to ensure proper inventories and item availability.
* Seeks and receives referrals from all private dining and catering clients.
* Conducts Prospect Visits by hosting in house tours for potential clients.
* Understands and utilizes Gather to track all incoming leads and events to support.
* Monitors, manages, and ensures 100% adherence to all Front-of-House health and safety standards required by national, state, and local jurisdictions to ensure the safety and comfort of all Guests and Team Members.
* Assists Chef in all responsibilities
* Conducts thorough walk-through of operation prior to opening each day.
* Performs weekly inventory and correctly place and receive orders for meat, seafood, poultry, dairy, produce and other kitchen operating supplies.
* Conducts line check prior to service to ensure quality product and preparations.
* Expedites orders at the window; monitor timing, temperature and food quality.
* Tracks product usage and prepares daily prep sheets according to established par and inventory levels, based upon product shelf life, to ensure sufficient quality, quantity and back-up for the day's business.
* Supervises the Line and Prep Cooks.
* Performs restaurant food preparation (daily raw prep, cooked prep and/or butchering) and supervises the cooks' line (as the Pantry, Broil, Sides Cook or Expediter) in the absence of the Chef.
* Facilitates BOH staff meeting as needed prior to shift to cover special needs, events and or issues for the day. Communicates special information and maintains on-going communication with the staff.
* Provides back up at each station as necessary.
* Supervises the kitchen operations, food quality and preparation, and staff job performance in the absence of the Chef.
* Reviews sales and assist the Chef in achieving food, labor and other operating expense budgets.
* Inspects equipment and identify maintenance issues.
* Monitors, manages, and ensures 100% adherence to all Front- and Back-of-House health and safety standards required by national, state, and local jurisdictions to ensure the safety and comfort of all Guests and Team Members.
Drive for Results
* Sets clear expectations for desired outcomes, results, and performance
* Works through others to achieve results, coaching for results, upholding uncompromising high standards for performance and results
* Listens effectively and fosters open communication, demonstrates patience and understanding
* Handles performance issues in a tough but fair manner
* Celebrates success and rewards achievements
Makes Good Decisions
* Balances concern for Guests, Team Members, and RCSH in decision-making
* Attends closely to details, anticipating and catching issues before they become large problems
* Evaluates options and impact in order to make the best decisions, using The Sizzle as a filter in decision-making
Anticipates and Leads Change
* Identifies opportunities to grow the business
* Leads others to execute changes that take advantages of identified opportunities
Develops Self and Others
* Effectively selects and trains Team Members
* Develops others in their current role and prepares them for additional responsibility
* Focuses on personal development, actively pursuing a development plan
* Works well with others; builds mutual respect, confidence, and trust in relationships
Guest First Mindset
* Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
* Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests
Business Planning and Financial Responsibility
* Interprets and effectively acts upon Profit & Loss and other financial data
* Thinks big picture when setting goals and identify and monitor business trends
* Takes ownership of all areas of the operation
* Handles pressure effectively and flexibly respond to changing demands, responds with a sense of urgency, stays focused and productive
* Takes proactive steps and self-responsibility for on-going individual training and development
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Must be able to pass a verifiable background check
* Must be able to read, write, and demonstrate effective verbal and written communication with Guests, Team Members, various business departments, and vendors
* Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
* Organization, planning, and time management skills with the ability and initiative to react effectively and quickly to unexpected circumstances
* Ability to read and understand financial data
* Ability to build positive working relationships and provide clear direction and feedback
* Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
* Handle stress associated with responding to/solving problems
* Exercise of discretion and independent judgment, as well as a creative approach to formulating responses
* Present a neat professional appearance and demeanor at all times
* Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Accurately complete paperwork and reports
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* A minimum of one (1) year of restaurant/hospitality experience required
* Previous experience leading a high-volume, upscale concept restaurant preferred
* Wine or culinary knowledge or training preferred
* Successful completion of corporate training program required
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk, and hear
* Must be able to constantly stand and walk for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
* Must be able to lift, handle, and carry (e.g. food..... click apply for full job details