Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
Responsible for patient meal service on nursing units
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
* May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirements.
Must have a certificate of completion of a food handler training course accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and/or the Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS) or must obtain one within sixty (60) days of placement in the role.
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Must be able to successfully pass the basic math competency test with a minimum score of 80%.
* Must be able to read, write, and follow instructions.
* Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of food service and related job duties and be able to follow proper sanitation procedures within three months of employment.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
* Must be able to operate a PC and perform basic computer entries within three months.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare